1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok this is a new one......system update stopped loop?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by rabbit78, Nov 15, 2010.

1. rabbit78

rabbit78 Member

Ok this is a new one....

I used the one shot boot disc to get update to install and (with a "copy" of assassins creed brotherhood) and it froze and said
    "SYSTEM UPDATE STOPPED
    Cant read the update from the disc. Please reinsert the disc to continue the update
    If problem persists visit www.xbox.com/support
    status code 23EF 3080 B200 0700 C000 0059"

reboot same thing.

Now it is stuck on this screen with a detached HD and I tried to unplug power supply. I tried holding down the "sync" button on the 360. I have tried putting the kinnect update on a USB and still nothing. My only thought is purchasing the retail game (on top of the one I'm using ;) sneaky sneaky word use here) and seeing if that works unless someone else has a suggestion.

My thought is.....when it was updating after I used the one shot boot disc it might of had a dirty disc error upon restart and it needs the game to finish this BUT I can't just give it the game cause I have to use the one shot boot disc first. And the system is only wanting the game at this point.

So yeah anyone care to help it would be greatly greatly appreciated.

2. preecy

preecy Member

sorry to jump on your post but i have the same problem after allowing NFS Hot Pursuit to perform an update. The console reboots then displays the following:

SYSTEM UPDATE STOPPED
    Cant read the update from the disc. Please reinsert the disc to continue the update
    If problem persists visit www.xbox.com/support
    status code 22FB - 3080 - B200 - 0700 - C000 - 009C

Have tried powering off, clearing cache via the small sync button, powering on without HD, etc. Nothing works!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3. preecy

preecy Member

manage to fix this by powering up the xbox with the original NFS disk. for some reason the update files on the backup copy/disc werent readable.

4. hellasleeper

hellasleeper Member

same problem with assassin's creed that your having rabbit. i'm going to get a copy of a new kinect game from my buddy and see if i can update with that, and if that doesn't work im gonna try a retail copy of ac:b. I'll let you guys know what happens.

5. hellasleeper

hellasleeper Member

*update* I got mine working again by patching assasin's creed over to wave 4 and burning a new copy. since i have fw 1.61 for my samsung, wave 4 it will read directly from the disc and you won't have to use the activation disc or anything like that. so it really kind of just depends which firmware you have in your dvd drive. after i got my dashboard back up i went ahead and flashed to lt 1.0 that way i don't have any more problems with any waves. if you don't have a samsung or hitachi drive apparently after your dashboard is updated you wouldn't want to run any new games with the ap 2.5 protection. but if you have a sammy or hitachi drive your good to go with the new dash and new games since these drives don't have any ap 2.5 checks. so yea that is what worked for me and so it might work for you too rabbit unless you already got it working. download 360 wavespatcher and you should be able to patch it to whatever you need. oh and when you put it in there, totally do the sync button hold down while powering off, and keep holding while you turn it on with the patched game in there and it should bring your new dashboard up pretty soon!

6. Modboxer

Modboxer Member

Ok, you got it working, but still, you're talking about XBoX 360's on an XBoX

forum?

No prob though.

7. hellasleeper

hellasleeper Member

yea sorry bout that everybody that was looking for how to solve this problem on their original xbox. they were so much easier to do whatever i wanted with...and just with a softmod! but i like how challenging they try to make the 360, it made me feel more proud after i modded it. of course i was just following instructions after all, the real credit goes to the teams that made it all possible.

8. dannyboy4o3

dannyboy4o3 Guest

u should help me out mannn my xbox broke when i tried to put a copy of assassins creed in and i tried to sinc it but it doesnt work any other suggestions?

9. bems

bems Member

it also happen in my xbox... any sugestion.plss

10. bems

bems Member

it also happen in my xbox... any sugestion.plss

11. ineedap

ineedap Member

Ya. same problem for me, just bought brotherhood for 360 poped it in and it comes up same old blah blah as first couple posts. i tried holding the sync button while powering up my machine.but like everything else i try, the problem persists. I have had troubles loading games since i bought it (from a friend)as it likes to load 360games as dvds. usualy i eject and insert disc about 5-10times and it finaly reads it as game. i originaly thought this is why it would not read the update. but i have tried ejecting and reinserting aprox 100x and still nothing. i even took apart the machine and cleaned the lense using proper method, yet still nothing. now i am not a modWiz so i would sooooo much appreciate if someone would explain how i can fix this problem by either finishing the update or reseting the system manualy so i can play all my other games in COMPLETE LAYMANS TERMS haha thanks soooo much.

12. shadow20002

shadow20002 Member

I am having the same problem with Dynasty Warriors 7. Any help will be very appreciated.