1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay, plz plz, plz,plz, some 1 tell me how i can use 3.4 oe-a!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by secKEn, Jun 12, 2007.

1. secKEn

secKEn Guest

Ahhhhhh! some one please tell me how i can "upgrade" to 3.40 oe-a with my 3.40 psp! People keep saying that you don't need to downgrade and more people say that you don't and i'm relly confused and don't want to brick my psp so it'd be relly helpful if some one could sort this out. People who say you need to downgrade just simply say you need to downgrade and people who say you don't need to downgrade give me a detailed (well, as detailed as you can make it so i don't brick my psp) walkthrough. and please dont bullcrap me and say you don't have to just to ruin my psp and make me fell like and idiot.

2. GCFANATIC

GCFANATIC Member

3.40 Open Edition REvision A

Installation instructions:

- Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to /PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to /PSP/GAME150 if you
    are in any SE/OE version. Get the 1.50 and 3.40 Sony updaters (of any region, because all are
    currently the same), and copy them in the oeupdmaker directory with the names 150.PBP and 340.PBP.

Execute the program, and it will generate the DATA.DXAR file. The checksums (althoug the flasher
    will check for them for you):

CRC32: CDA4638D
    MD5: 9754F2CC0CBE2D8FE0DD009C90FDCD9F
    SHA1: 6F76BB67B31EFF6FECB72D9D4AF443C793E1E521

- Copy 340oeflasher and 340oeflasher% to /PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to /PSP/GAME150 if you
    are in any SE/OE version. Move the DATA.DXAR to 340oeflasher directory.

You need 75% battery, although you can skip this if you pressed L+triangle while loading the program.

Changes 3.30 OE-A -> 3.40 OE-A

- Updated from 3.30 firmware to 3.40

- Security patch: Fixed a bug that has been in all 3.XX OE, that caused random data to be written to a location
    in lcdc.prx or (in worst case) emc_sm.prx ram space.

- Autboot that is missing since 3.03 OE-C has been reimplemented.

- Improvements in the flasher. It will now generate also the flash1 directories, and it will
    check that the dxar is the correct for this update, so no more bricks by accidentally using
    other DATA.DXAR.

Note about pops. I recommend people to backup their savedata before proceeding to change them
    (Sony has changed the savedata format, and they force you to change the format in 3.40 if you want to play them).
    If a plugin to load previous firmwares pops appear, the savedata will have to be in the old format for those firmwares,
    that's why it is better to have a backup of them. Psx savedatas are in /PSP/SAVEDATA/[code of game]

THIS IS NOT MY WORK THIS IS COPIED AND PASTED FROM THE READ ME FILE FROM DARK ALEX'S 3.40 OE-A

3. GCFANATIC

GCFANATIC Member

4. shanemb

shanemb Regular member

sorry but you cant downgrade 3.40 the last one you can downgrade is about 3.03

5. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

u need to have 1.50 or a previous custom firmware to update to a custom firmware. nothing else will work.

6. secKEn

secKEn Guest

Soooooo... im pretty muck screwed?

7. secKEn

secKEn Guest

Sorry Pretty much screwed

8. secKEn

secKEn Guest

Yeah, so dos that mean that it will brick my psp if i use 3.4 offical to 3.4 oe-a?

9. schism123

schism123 Member

it just wont work at all i dont think

10. blade003

blade003 Guest

11. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

12. secKEn

secKEn Guest