1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

okok i have read but i am still not sure

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by gahau, Jul 26, 2007.

1. gahau

gahau Member

ok guys i have just got a new wii put the wiikey on
    should i ever update the wii it self?
    i read many brick from that get different awnser every other post could some one just clarify that for me? and i have also heard that playing online with the wiikey is "unsafe"

opignons and experiences plz

=)

2. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

ok dude heres the scoop, you should definitely update your wii, especially if you plan to play games from other regions such as PAL or JAP games. (assuming you have an ntsc wii) , if you play a game from another region and dont have your wii updated then it will initiate an update from whatever region its from and brick your wii. As for playing online , its safe I do it all the time with mario strikers which is a pal game . if anything I said is unclear then go ahead and ask

3. gahau

gahau Member

no perfect that was very clear and essential =)
    one thing tho why would i allow region free from my 1.2 wiikey disk setup up if i can just use btickblocker

4. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

enabling region free allows you to play games from other regions, the brickblocker just blocks the update that the game would normally initiate

5. gahau

gahau Member

do u mean that if i free the region i can play pal and jap games but it will brick the wii but with brickblocker i can play those game without getting brick...

therefore i need both of them...

6. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

well, in order to play any games from other regions you have to enable the region free thingy on your setup disc, you dont need brick blocker but its good to have, all it does it stop the game from wanting to update, if you update your wii through the options menu to the latest firmware then you will not get bricked, I play a few games from PAL region and have never used brickblocker, so in short you need the region free option but the blocker is optional, a safety net of sorts

7. gahau

gahau Member

hey, thanks A lot!

8. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

no problem man, anytime

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Glad to see the sticky thread "GUIDE -- HOW TO PROTECT FROM REGION BRICK" is being used.