1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

old and new version compatibilty

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lunar, May 10, 2004.

1. lunar

lunar Member

I have two dead ps2's,

i think the laser needs replacing on the older one (Version 2 i think) with the smaller motherboard.

The newer one needs a new BA5815FM chip.

Can I either put the newer laser (version 5 i think) into the old ps2...
    or can I put the BA5810FP chip into the new ps2 to replace the BA5815FM chip.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

the laser swaping won't work (diffrent laser assemblies). not sure about the chips.

3. account

account Guest

you cannot replace a ba5815fm chip with a ba5810fp chip. why im dont remember but theres something different inside it that makes it not compatible with the newer versions.

4. conny119

conny119 Guest

5. EkimXI

EkimXI Member

Hey i am just joined today, i have one main problem, im trying to play final fantasy VIII on my ps2 and for some reason i cant save it, and i have checked my memory card alot, and works with everything except that game, is there some special way you have save ps one games on a ps2 or something??

6. daPhoenix

daPhoenix Guest

You have to use a psone memory card to save psone games. You cant save psone games on a ps2 mem card.

7. account

account Guest

and if you have a memory manager you can store your ps1 saves on your ps2 card but you cant play them on them off the ps2 memory card (good for storage if your running out of room)