1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

old AR2 isnt working for me... any ideas

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ibryant09, Dec 26, 2004.

1. ibryant09

ibryant09 Regular member

I have what I think is AR2... it isnt max and is about 2 1/2- 3 years old... its the one that came with the bonus disk for PS1... the game im trying to boot is more than 700 MB but less than 800 MB... when trying to boot games OR cdloader it goes to the red screen... can anyone else that has AR2 (the one that'll boot games) tell me what exact things they do to boot the games (what slot the mem card is in and what controllers they have, etc.) Thanx so much___________________________________________
    I read at max and burn at 4x and I use alcohol 120% and I burn to cd-r (im trying to burn my old cd based games) and i have a v4 ps2

Last edited: Dec 26, 2004
  2. ibryant09

ibryant09 Regular member

bump (please help)

3. cumbuckit

cumbuckit Member

mate, r u trying to boot cd games or dvd? if its a cd based game, then just insert the ar2v2 disc01, let it load until the menu comes up, do the swap trick (press and HOLD the eject button till the tray comes out), swap ur backup for the ar2v2 (the tray will automactically slot back in).... then "start game", "without codes", then press "X"....... oh and the ar2v2 mem card should be in controller/slot 2...... thats about it mate.......

4. ibryant09

ibryant09 Regular member

k but my version of ps2 does not go back in after releasing the eject button and they are cd based games and cdloader that im trying to boot... by the way do you know how to know exactly what version of action replay you have? mine doesnt say it on the box, disc, or main menu.

5. ibryant09

ibryant09 Regular member

6. cumbuckit

cumbuckit Member

mate, is ur ps2 modded??? only the ar2v2 or prehaps any version of the ar2 won't help u much in playing backups.... get it modded or get some other backup playing thingys like swapmagic with slide card or something......