1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Movie , New Problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lprophet, Jan 29, 2005.

1. lprophet

lprophet Guest

I just tried to B/U a 3.6 Gig. movie (single layer).
    Using Decrypter and Shrink , appears to copy to HD OK, but when I burn , with Decrypter , or Nero , I get an Hour of the opening screenshot (which is about 10 seconds long when Playing the movie ) ,and then the last 15 min. or so of the actual movie. This , After I've cleaned the disc , then tried 2 different scratch repair solutions , three different readers , and so on.
    The disc is a 1992 movie. Any suggestions ? Thanx

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Well since this movie is a single layer disc, why don't we try ripping in Decrypter Mode ISO Read and then just burn with Decrypter Mode ISO Write. We don't need to use shrink since this is already small enough. It's worth a try to see if maybe shrink is the culprit here.

3. lprophet

lprophet Guest

Hi thanks for the reply. I did try that. same result. I still get about an hour of the opening screenshot , and the last 15 min. of the movie. I tried re-surfacing the disc , once with a mild scratch "remover" , and when that failed , with a more aggressive re-surfacing treatment. Still the same result.
    If you are just playing the disc , either in the computer , or a stand-alone player , it does fine.
    This movie is from 1992 . There are 4 others , in the series , that came out later , and I was able to back them all up. This one is driving me nuts. I hate to buy another copy , and the grandkids love these these movies...

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

What is the title of the movie? Is it one of the Left Behind series? I had a similar problem using DVDxCopy Platinum in the old days but haven't tried it will Crypter or Shrink or even Nero for that matter.

5. lprophet

lprophet Guest

Hi . No , it's a movie called Beethoven,about a dog. It's the first one , in a series of 5.

6. lprophet

lprophet Guest

Hi . No , it's a movie called Beethoven,about a dog. It's the first one , in a series of 5.

7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

I use DVD DeCrypter and DVD Shrink but I also have had success with
    [bold]VobBlanker[/bold]

It's a bit more confusing to use but it worked when others failed.

8. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Well, let's see...
    You've tried ripping, file mode and ISO mode in Decrypter? Ripping with Shrink? Resurfacing the disc? And still no luck.....
    I see two options that remain....
    visit the video rental store near you and try to see if it will copy. But it's not likely to be in any better shape. Rentals truly get abused.
    Or
    Drop the $8-$12 on another new one. Keep the old scratched up one for the grandkids to use. Grandkids are worth the splurge.