1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old PS2, how many more years left?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mugz, Sep 30, 2004.

1. mugz

mugz Member

I bought my PS2 back when they were still $299. I feel so ripped off now but what can I do. I cannot remember what version it is but it is very old. Over 6 yrs old or close to 6. Is that possible, if so I feel really old.

When I start my Ps2 up now with a game the PS2 logo does not come up but instead it goes straight to the menu where you can browse or change settings.

Any one know what might be causing this besides old age? Is my PS2 about to crock? I did mod it but with a flip-top and it was doing that before the mod.

2. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

The laser might needs adjusting, you have a fliptop so dust can easily get onto the lens which makes it harder for the ps2 to read games.. do ANY of your games still work in your ps2?

3. rootboy

rootboy Guest

Umm, 6 six years ago there was no such thing as a PS2, they came out in October of 2000.

4. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

he said close to 6, what hes trying to say is the dam thing is old. im sure its laser problems mugz.

5. mugz

mugz Member

lol. I am old to so my memory is not exact. All my games work fine. I just have to enter the browser menu and select the disc. The menu where the memory cards show up.

It still works fine just does not boot straight to a game. I will however clean my lense.

So if PS2 came out in 2000 then is still old. I paid freekin $300 so that means it is old.

Thanks for the help.

6. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

yep that sounds like a laser problem. Normally when it goes to browser screen with game in, it means the laser is focusing really hard. The only thing to do here is to adjust the pots or buy a new laser for your version. Adjusting the angle of the laser will probably do nothing in this case but clean you laser and try it anyway.