1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

old sly box and new card

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by thepacman, May 17, 2011.

1. thepacman

thepacman Guest

hello i got an old sky plus box that i just didnt pay the bill on and they cut me off as normal ,but i wondering if i connect back up again with a new sky card will they know that i owned it previously by the code u have to give them before activating a new card

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I presume they would, as a card is paired to a box so they would have a record of the box, But if you have a different address, it may not matter, but if its the same address, same box SN, they may smell a rat

3. thepacman

thepacman Guest

its a different address ,its just i have so much storeed on it,as well could i acces the stored programs with a different card

4. e45

e45 Regular member

dont matter the box is yours to do as you see fit once you get the box from them its no longer their property

5. thepacman

thepacman Guest

grand so getting s new card in it wont arouse any suspicion with a new bank account number i can get away with it ?and still acess the programs i saved too

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
  6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

you cannot put a new card in an old box. as mickah said the card and box are paired. with the new card you MUST get a new box

7. thepacman

thepacman Guest

so if they send me a new card and i activate it with sky it wont work in the old box i used at a different address and i better just paying to get a new box and card in ?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
  8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

the only time a new card will work within an existing box is if you have a current account with sky. you are effectively a returning customer and as such you need a new box with your new card

9. e45

e45 Regular member

you can give them the number off the bottom of the box and when they send you a new card they can activate it for you same as if you bought a box of flebay they will pair a new card to your purchased box

10. thepacman

thepacman Guest

will that number give them details of the oprevious owner been me ?

11. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

only if u have an active account !!!!