1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old time poster here: what's the latest on upgrading the iextreme 1.6 (fat xbox) to the newest lt+ firmware?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by luckcandy, Aug 30, 2011.

1. luckcandy

luckcandy Member

Hi guys. My situation is that I have an old fat xbox that is iextreme version 1.6. The problem is that there is no modder readily available in my area that I know of, and I am a complete twit when it comes to modding using external hardware, opening the 360 up, etc. Unless it's a 1-click sort of deal.

After biding my time a few months I was wondering if there's any easier process available now that'll let me mod my 360 and play the newest games. I appreciate the help, thanks.

2. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

There's no easy 1-click solution I'm afraid.

I don't think it's difficult to flash a 360 as long as you follow the instructions though. The hardest part can be getting the case open, haha. Mine just doesn't seem to want to come apart sometimes.

I use a Maximus Lizard and a case opening tool and that lets me flash any fat 360 and some slims. I've not owned it long (a few weeks), but it's a really nice bit of kit and makes flashing about as easy as it gets. I originally used to pay a modder to do mine, but it's so easy to do it yourself that it's a better idea to just bite the bullet and give it a go. Once you've done it once or twice, it's a breeze, you can always stay up to date with dashboards/firmware and you never have to worry about finding someone to do it or paying them.

3. luckcandy

luckcandy Member

The average price I'm seeing on that thing is $250.00. That's a pretty hefty price for a device that I may not even know how to use.

Like I said, I'm terrible at anything involving hardware. Aside from opening the cover, what else needs to be done?

4. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011