1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old XBOX HDD via usb to my PC?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by danjames, Aug 22, 2007.

1. danjames

danjames Guest

Hi. Before i begin, please be warned!! My names Dan, and I'm a.....NOOB!

Now we've got that out the way. I recently chipped my xbox and put a new HDD in. However, all my old game saves are stil on the old one! Is there anyway i can take the data from the old and put it on the new? I'm able enough to use FTP and i have a bit of computer knowledge. I was hopeing i could connect it via usb to my pc and simply juggle the data around, but as i realise now, the pc can't read the xbox hdd.

Any help would be awesome

Cheers

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Hi Dan.

Easiest way would be to reinstall the old HDD, FTP into the Xbox and copy the UDATA and TDATA folders from the E:\.

Re-reinstall the new HDD again and FTP the folders back! All should be well!

You could also do the same thing, but instead of the FTP process, you could just use a memory card!

3. danjames

danjames Guest

Cheers for the fast reply. I was wondering if this would be the root, but if i'm perfectly honest, i'm gunna have to wait until i'm in a much less lazy mood!!!

I guess i'll give it a crack.

Cheers

Dan

4. austout

austout Member

Hello,I'm a noob as well.
    I was wondering if there was any way I could ftp into my xbox hard drive without already having to install a dashboard like UnleashX. Ive tried to ftp in to the xbox using the xbox ip address but it wont work. Im looking to ftp into the the original hard drive so that I can copy the files of the ms dash to my computer. What ever I do SmartFtp wont link to my xbox's hard drive.

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You can "Kinda" do that!

You need to start the softmod process and when you get to the Softmod screen you can setup an FTP connection!

But you should just download a new dash instead!

6. austout

austout Member

I'll just use the auto installer method

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yikes! Calm down there fella!

Ok, if both chips are working (I'm assuming they are) then you do not have to bother with anything eeprom related. Modchips do not use eeproms!

Get yourself a copy of AID v4.10. Insert it into desired xbox and it will install any dash or application you need, no fuss.

As for hard drive changing, simply insert the new HDD into Xbox, insert Slayers and build a fresh drive. The use AID again to modify as before!

This is all found in my tutorials!

8. austout

austout Member

DUMB

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  9. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

It doesn't really matter which version. The difference is negligible...

I have both and I normally use v2.6