1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Old Xbox360 mod unknown.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Hélio Viegas, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Hélio Viegas

Hélio Viegas Newbie

Hi guys.

Got this old Xbox 360 from an yard sale 6 months ago. came with all these backups and works fine.

Dashboard version is 12416 but I don't know which mod it has.

What are the steps necessary to update dashboard and retain the ability to play these backups?

thanks

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Your drive is flashed, seeing how old the dasboard is I would say with iXtreme 1.6 or older. When you update your dashboard the drive will be flashed back to official firmware, which means you will have to reflash it. There is no way to prevent the drive from being flashed back to official firmware, so don't ask. Also if the drive isn't the original one that came with the Xbox 360 in the first place (if the original owner spoofed it for example), an update would destroy the Xbox 360.
    What's the MFR-Date and which drive is installed?

Hélio Viegas likes this.
  3. Hélio Viegas

Hélio Viegas Newbie

Drive is original drive, I checked and its 2 yellow wires so probably a Philips - "old" LiteOn drive?. MFR-date 23 /12 /2008.

thanks for helping man.
    Appreciated

Edit: So I could update the firmware and then re-flash it? if so, what would be the preferable firmware atm. And does re-flashing it requires me to open the Xbox?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Considering the MFR-date it's a LiteOn, yes. If you re-flash it, use LT 3.0. And yes, it requires you to open the Xbox 360. And with a LiteOn drive you have to probe the right points, there are some decent tutorial videos on youtube on how to do it.

5. Hélio Viegas

Hélio Viegas Newbie

Greatly appreciated your help mate.

Will try and watch some Youtube videos and figure it out.

thanks