1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Older movies

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by slickflix, Feb 4, 2007.

1. slickflix

slickflix Member

When I first got into the "ripping" game, just using DVD Shrink was enough to burn almost 75% of films. Latley I've gotten into the habbit of using Ripit4me with DVD Dycryptor follwed by DVD Shrink. My question is, for older films (anything before, say, 2006), would I be missing anything by just going back to ripping with DVD Shrink? That is, with just DVD Shrink... is my finished product any worse than if I use all the others as well? The new process is quite time consuming. Thanks.

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

there a lot of movies that dvd shrink will not do by it's self you need another program to by pass the other things that are on the disk, even before 2005

3. onya

onya Guest

Using the ripi4me method as you've described, by no means takes away any of the quality to your backups. As you know, the others are there to circumvate region codes and encryption devices etc. If you can use shrink alone, and it saves valuable time, then it's all good news from here on in.

Cheers.

4. slickflix

slickflix Member

Thanks for the responces guys. Much appreciated. When I say "DVD Shrink", I do mean supported with Nero of course. If I didn't make it clear originally, based on peoples experiences, by just using DVD Shrink (or even another easy process such as Nero with ANYDVD), will I lose any quality that could be maintained had I used RIPIT4ME + DVD Dycryptor + DVD Shrink? Meaning, If I can get through the copyright protections by just using Shrink, will I still have a prestiene copy?