1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

older players

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Kyoshiko, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Kyoshiko

Kyoshiko Member

Hey
    I don’t really have any problems burning disks. They all give the “have burned successfully” when finished. Then I do a QC check on a separate DVD player and everything looks fine from start to finish. However, if I take the same DVD over to a friend’s house that maybe that has a little older player or X box. The disk will play fine for 40 minutes or so, and then it will begin to skip in places. Normally, one would think that “it’s an old player”, but they tell me that their rental moves play fine. Is this just something it the way a computer burn copies at a lesser grade or something? Or could it be that copies that are mass produced (stamped out) are inherently better? Any thoughts?
    Kyo

Things I have tried: Burning the disk at lower speeds (what is the best speed?)

2. sorrow93

sorrow93 Regular member

it could be the age of the other players and also different media plays different - try and use high-quality discs never go for the cheap option
    people on Afterdawn recommend Taiyo Yudens and Verbatims any that are manufactured in Japan are highly rated
    TDK is copping some flack recently people are not happy
    burn speed? probably anything below 8x pref 4x takes longer but the results are worth it
    I guess originals and rental discs are superior always but experiment with the media the dash and plus format and find what works for you (and hopefully your friends players too)
    happy burning!!