1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Older wii needs help

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by pepperidge, Nov 12, 2015.

1. pepperidge

pepperidge Newbie

I have an older wii probably around an 07-08

has d2c key with 20+(?) wires installed by a friend who was a soldering genius from the old days of "testing" right at time of purchase who has since passed away.

Console has worked flawlessly for all these years even on ver 4.3U but the kids haven't used it for some time until recently and now the only game we can get to play in it is "New Super Mario Brothers"

Kids are older, but want to stroll down memory lane with the 400+ games we have burned for it...especially Lego Rock Band.

I've been doing some digging and someone said to go back to 4.1U and ultimately back to 3.6U(?)

I haven't done this yet and the only steps I've taken is to letterbomb install the Homebrew Channel and bootmii in case that is where I need to go.

We've painstakingly cleaned every disc we've tried to use, but to no avail...cleaned the disc reader as well with our Wii Cleaning kit.

only thing I can see is someone mentioned buying a 2015 dance wii game to maybe upgrade the firmware further?

Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Wii Play do manage to show the icon on the wii menu, but upon clicking they give disc read errors (white screen for SSBB and black screen for Wii Play)

Hate to see this console and games go to waste as I've invested a lot of time and money for subscriptions for downloading and burning all these games over the years.

Any advice or troubleshooting anyone can help me with would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pepp

2. Shadowy

Shadowy Newbie

Download multi mod manager in your SD card for your wii. Next open the home brew channel with the SD card in. Open multi mod manager and go to: Manage System Menu. Now select version 4.1 and the region will stay the same. Now press A to install, but make sure your wii has WiFi and don't turn it off at all until it's done installing. Then your downgraded to wii 4.1! Make sure to backup your wii with bootmii before doing anything. Now your done!

3. pepperidge

pepperidge Newbie

Thanks

Hopefully this will be the fix it needs...at a loss right now...

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

4.3 should be able to play everything as that is the latest fw and it wont go any futher, your Cios will be out of date, google modmii and download it, answer all questions it asks for, since you have homebrew inststalled you can skip that part, it will download all relevent Cios (making you wii able to play everything you throw at it) you will need an sd card, a pc for transferring the data to the wii and internet connection ON THE WII

5. pepperidge

pepperidge Newbie

I'm at 4.3 now...just for some reason the only game it will play is New Super Mario Brothers factory original disc

even the other factory legit discs do not work...

so you are saying I should stay with 4.3 but the Cios could be out of date?

so just update the Cios on 4.3?

6. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

yes do the full soft mod