1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Olevia LCD's - Good? Bad? Ehh?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by klassic, Nov 11, 2007.

1. klassic

klassic Regular member

Saw the upcoming Black Friday ad for Target has a Olevia 237T 37 inch LCD TV for $550. Are these any good? How do they look with standard definition tv? Do you think this is a good buy?

I know its not 1080i, but thats fine since my $98 (Walmart) Toshiba HD-A2 is only 1080i.

2. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

I remember reading many good reviews on
    CircuitCity.com

I remember reading great picture in hd
    but not so great in standard.

Not sure if its the same model though.
    Check it out.

3. batdude1

batdude1 Member

For the money, Vizio is much better. Olevia tv's don't have very good clarity, or colors. They don't last long, and some of them will periodically stop running the feed their on to the screen, makes the tv look like its not even on, when nobody turned it off.

4. klassic

klassic Regular member

How long is not long? I figure it comes with a 1 year warranty and Target offers a 3 year warranty for $60. In 3 years the next great thing will be out there.

5. batdude1

batdude1 Member

Manufacturer warranties don't cover much of anything. They don't even offer it, they have to give it, so they only cover defects, and by defects I mean maybe something that causes a fire, and little else. I would look closely at the warranty offered at target, it may not cover much, especially at $60. Circuit City probably covers the most out of the big box retailers, and Best Buy would be somewhere behind. If you can find vizio for around the same price, they would be a much better deal.