1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMFG nba street v3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Rahilb, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Rahilb

Rahilb Guest

arrrrrgh this is driving me mad, i have the original iso of nba street v3, i have tried rebuilding it, but nero will only put the files in alphabetical order and i have tried doing the dvdrick patch, and every time i press start it freezes, how can i burn this to make it work properly ?

thank you in advance,

rahilb

2. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Nero will put them in a different order! As long as you drag them one by one in the order they are listed it will work! i did it and plays like original

3. Rahilb

Rahilb Guest

are you using nero burning rom 6.6?

4. Silver28

Silver28 Member

Why not just use DVD Decrypter and follow below (it's so easy):

1.) use dvd dycrypter and change mode --> ISO --> read
    read the original disk and create a ISO image.
    2.) rename the iso file u just created to ptc-nbasv3.iso.
    3.) download the NBA_Street_Volume_3_USA_PS2DVD-PROTOCOL-SMFIX_DVDRick.zip from dvdrick. http://www.dvdrick.cjb.net/
    simply start the DRK-NBA.EXE file and click apply and wait till its finished (it takes some time!)
    4.) burn the generated DRK-NBA.iso file at lower speed.

Remember to rename the file in step 2, very important.

5. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Nero I am using is 6.3.1.11! And I did this to rebuild it and it came out PERFECT and SMOOTH

Step 1.
    Decrypt the ps2 game to your hard drive using dvd decryptor.

Step 2.
    Open up Isobuster and load in the image file.

Step 3.
    Hold shift and highlight all the game files and put them in a folder.

Step 4.
    Open up Nero burning rom and create a new UDF/ISO dvd (It's the last one in the list). Drop all the game files into Nero in the same order as it is listed in Isobuster. Just keep Isobuster open as a reference when you do this. Nero will change the order of the files graphically, however they burn in the order that you dropped them in.

Step 5.
    Name the image and burn it at 4x.

Step 6.
    Presto, you've rebuilt and burned a PS2 game. Play it.

note:
    Some games have dummy files in them.(ie. guilty gear, spider-man 2). They are used to beef up the size of the image and to copy-protect the game. Burning games with the dummy files left unchanged will result in a game that does not boot (using swap magic anyway). To remedy this annoyance follow these fun steps.

Step 1.
    Use Isobuster to copy the files to a folder.

Step 2.
    Create a new text file. Open it and press the space bar, then close it. This creates a byte of data in the text file.

Step 3.
    Rename the text file you made to the same name as the dummy file in your folder. You can point out a dummy file if its called DUMMY.DAT, DUMMY.000, DUMMY.001 etc., GARBAGE.DAT. These files will always be in the main folder of the iso.

Step 4.
    Overwrite all those dummy files with the blank ones you've created. (games generally only have 1 dummy file, but some have multiple dummy files)

Step 5.
    Patch complete! Burn it.

6. Rahilb

Rahilb Guest

so on nero, the order of files will apear to change but when you burn it will be in the order that you dropped them in

^correct? (just to clarify, i cant afford more coasters)

7. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Exactly man!

8. Rahilb

Rahilb Guest

finally the game is alive!!!

9. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

i guess its my nero cuz i do exactly what that dude guide says and the game is not working..

10. Rahilb

Rahilb Guest

get the newest 1 and i will pm u a cd key

11. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

hey could you pm me that key.i lost mine somewhere.

12. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ Rahilb

If you want to get banned then keep offering serial numbers. Understood?

@ sui-cyco

If you want to get banned then keep asking for serial numbers. Understood?

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  13. Rahilb

Rahilb Guest

but i paid for it

14. Nephilim

The person you're offering it to did not pay for the key you're offering and that's called piracy. Read forum rule #5 (there's a link in my sig) and it should become clear why I'm warning you.

Last edited: May 15, 2005
  15. Rahilb

Rahilb Guest

ok
    i was mistaken

16. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

technically its not.piracy is copying of material then turning around and selling it for profit.giving something you have to another person free of charge is called sharing.

17. Nephilim

You're very, very mistaken. Piracy is owning/using software that you haven't paid for. Whether you charge for it or not has absolutely nothing to do with it.

The subject isn't open to debate so I suggest you drop it and read the forum rules.

18. EvilHawk

EvilHawk Guest

Also, when you "buy" software you never ever "own" the software...you are paying for the license to "use" the software. Therefore, legally you cannot give away or share that you do not "own". I learned that in my very first computer networking class years ago. Read the details of the EULA (End User Licensing Agreement) of any legal software and you see it 'splained there.

If it were legal to "share", then all those people going to court for sharing music wouldn't have been in court.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2005
  19. falestine

falestine Member

after u burn the game is it it supposed to be the same size as the original

20. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

no its suppose to be smaller than original,usually half the size.if your trying to do this with a game that has a file that is bigger than 2gb in it you cant do this with nero.the udf/iso function wont let you.you would then use cdvdgen to make a copy.