1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Casshern, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Casshern

Casshern Member

I don't have a DVD-RW Drive yet, but I have a few games I want to copy before they go back. Now I read somewhere that a DVD-RW Drive isnt required to copy the game to the HDD, its only used to burn. So that means with my DVD-ROM Drive I should be able to copy the games to the HDD before they go back and then just burn them whenever I get my DVD-RW Drive. Can someone confirm this for me?

2. Davoucci

Davoucci Member

Confirmed.

All you need is DVD Decryptor to copy it to your HDD as an ISO. Then when you get your CD-RW drive you can follow the proper procedure to burn it as a back up.

3. Casshern

Casshern Member

Thanks!

But got another issue.

My File System is FAT32 thus does not support large file sizes - and one of the games is large. How can I go about this? What are my options?

4. jsjerkins

jsjerkins Member

Convert it to ntsf. There is a utility that does it for you with out reformating. search the net.

5. Molder

Molder Regular member

Hold your horses,
    I believe that only NT based Operating Systems will support NTFS. (NT, Windows 2000 and XP) Windows 95, 98 and ME won't I'm pretty sure.

M

6. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

There is another option.

An old trick to get large ISOs on a FAT16/FAT32 file system, was to use "Alcohol 120%".

you can save the file as multiple parts...ISO/MDF, etc.

The way I had to do it, was to run a program called "DecSS" that would temperarily unlock the DVD in the drive, then run whatever program you want to rip with. (Alcohol 120%)

The same way you had to unlock a DVD movie, back in the day!

I think some of the newer programs will unlock the drive like DecSS, maybe DVD Decryptor.