1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG plz help! my 4GB memstick is messed up

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Poopz, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Poopz

Poopz Member

I wanted to speed up my 4GB mem stick by converting it from FAT32 to FAT16. I went to run and typed in "Format F: /FS:FAT" (the psp mem stick was in the F-drive), and the program commenced. Then it asked wether to use 64-bluster or something and I said "Yes." It then asked for me to enter in a volume label, and I put in "PSP_4GB."

It took 8 mins to copy all my files to my PC before the procedure. When I tried to put them back (after the procedure), it said "30 mins," which quickly rose to 140 and then 238. I couldnt believe it.

I then did the process again, but this time converted back to FAT32.

I had 4 iso's on my mem stick, which together took 11 mins to put back on. Then when I tried to put the IRSHell Floder back on (which is infinitelysmaller) the time went up to 140 mins (note, I didnt actually wait that long--that's what it estimated).

And then For my music files it kept osscilating between 30 mins and 5 mins until it was finished (which wasnt THAT slow).

It seems more files=more delay, even if the files are small.

What the heck is wrong? Is there ANY way to fix it?

2. Poopz

Poopz Member

OMG OMG OMG it just seems to have fixed itself! It's back to normal write speeds, i think I guess it just needed to be "broken in." That's the LAST time i mess with my psp unnecessarily.