1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omiga-plus search engine

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by neilcolt, Feb 25, 2015.

1. neilcolt

neilcolt Regular member

I have a PC that has a search engine Omiga-plus in the top menu bar and I cant get rid of it.Ive tried changing the home page which is still set to google,and also deleted the omiga-plus add-on but still in the menu bar the letter "O" is in the menu instead of the letter "G" when I press IE .I have loaded mozilla so this awful search engine doesnt come up.I have windows 7.
    Ive even been in the registry and removed all the keys with omiga in them but still cant get rid of it.

Ive also emailed the folk who make the annoying search engine but theyve never got back to me.I dont even know how it got on my system in the first place.

Ive loaded superantispyware and ran portable malwarebytes but these didnt get rid of it either.

I have attached an image to show this search provider or malware that is proving difficult to get rid of.

Any ideas appreciated.

neilc

Attached Files:

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

go into the "advanced" tab in internet options & hit the "reset" button near bottom right corner to reset the internet explorer.

3. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Hi neilcolt,

Omiga is sometimes very difficult to get rid of.. If resetting your IE doesn't work try Zoek, I have had a lot of luck with it removing Omiga..

[​IMG] Scan with ZOEK

Please download ZOEK by Smeenk and save it to your desktop (preferred version is the *.exe one)
    Please also download the attached scriptfile, named zoekscript.txt.

[​IMG] Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware programs, so they do not interfere with the running of Zoek.exe. You can find instructions how to disable your security applications here.

Now, on your Desktop, drag and drop zoekscript.txt on Zoek.exe as shown below:
    [​IMG]

Please approve any UAC prompt to allow this action to proceed.

Answer Yes to the following prompt to allow the zoek script to run:

[​IMG]

This action causes Zoek.exe to start automatically. Please be patient while Zoek is scanning.

When the tool finishes, the zoek-results.log is opened in Notepad.
    The log is also found on the systemdrive, normally C:\
    If a reboot is needed, the log is opened after the reboot.

Please attach the zoek-results.log to your reply and let me know how things are now...

2oG

Attached Files:

4. neilcolt

neilcolt Regular member

I tried resetting the explorer the way you instructed but it still comes up with Omiga.You can see the IE has reset but then the Omiga program fights this change and returns.Its the hardest malware ive seen yet.!!!

Thanks for the reply.

I will fight on.

5. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Please follow my instructions to run Zoek and it should clean Omiga for you........

6. neilcolt

neilcolt Regular member

Thats got it ,thanks and much appreciated.

Took about 30 minutes then i rebooted it and all gone.

neilc

7. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

I've been using that on other help forums for some time now and it has been working against these hijackers.

Glad you are OK, be vigilant on the net.... :cool: