1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On backups of backups - CIRC Errors

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by billyboy2, Apr 19, 2005.

1. billyboy2

billyboy2 Member

As suggested by several fine tutorials, I set out to make backups of DVD X Copy backups using Decrypter v. 3.5.4.0.

All went well until the "Read" cycle reached about 99%.

Even though I checked "Ignore Read Errors" (in Tools\Settings\IO Tab), I received the following error message in Decryptor's lower 'progress' window.

[bold]W 09:31:03 Failed to read Sector 2283520 - CIRC Unrecovered Error[/bold]

After many failed attempts to read Sector 2283520, I canceled Decrypter.

Apparently, the .ISO file was intact without the unreadable sector(s) as the following 'Burn' attempt went uneventfully and produced a good backup.

1) The backups all seemed okay without them, so were the 'unreadable sectors' required?.

2) As they're a nuisance, is there any way to avoid the CIRC Unrecovered Errors from occurring?

3) If there's a thread I missed on this, please advise.

Thanks all,
    Bill

2. caylan

caylan Guest

If its a backup, there is no protection on the DVD. Just use Nero to copy the DVD. You do not need to run through Decrypter.

3. jmet

jmet Regular member

If these backups you are trying to make a copy of are on "crappy, low quality media", then you will receive that error message. Even though they are clean. Basically DVD Decrypter is telling you, the disc are so crappy, that it thinks they are dirty.

Suggestion: Get better disc to copy to in the first place.

4. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

if you cant read it, maybe try using dvd decrypter and set the I/O to ignore errors. works well if only a few errors on the disk!