1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On the Slim PS2 which swap method is the best?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dvdbunny1, Dec 23, 2004.

1. dvdbunny1

dvdbunny1 Member

Hi Folks,

I have just bought a PAL Slim PStwo and the PAL v3.3 Swap Magic Discs. In order to play a import original game do i need a modchip or will it work just by using the Swap Magic Discs?

But if i want to play a backup i will need to use the Swap Magic and a Swap Trick, i.e Tape and Straw method, Ghost Switch or Slim Tool is that right?

I have downloaded the NTSC version of Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater, now i have heard that you need some sort of tool, like some people use the Slim Tool, i have ordered it but i will not get it till after the New Year.
    So i was thinking there is the Ghost Switch but to you use it you have to cut some part of your slim PStwo away which i do not want to do, and then there is the straw and tape method which i am thinking of doing, but has anybody who have done that had any problems running there machine again. As i heard it kills the laser straight away after a few hours.

I read somewhere doing the straw and tape method messes with the laser and will make your machine stop running after a few hours where you will need to get a replacement. Is this correct?

I bought my PStwo from a big shop who have loads of department stores accross the country, and i think the Slim PStwo was released in my country around November. I asked the shop employee when did you get this stock of Slim Pstwo's in and she said we just got them in a few days ago and i bought this 2 days ago. I told her that Sony had made a faulty batch and i asked if this is a new fixed batch of PStwo's. Then she said she thinks so, but was not sure.

What do you people think? if it was a new stock that just came in a few days ago and as it was the 17th December do you think that was enough time for the new stock to be fixed and sent in to the shops warehouse.

I really want to play my DVD backups on the machine, will it work or will i kill my laser, which method is best?

Please help me

Thank you

2. punx777

punx777 Regular member

i dont know about the import thing, thats not my subject. but using swap magic disks i would order a ps2 lid... www.ps2lid.com it looks simple as hell and you dont need to do any taping.