1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

? on which mobo is the better one

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by nate2005, May 3, 2005.

1. nate2005

nate2005 Regular member

HI everyone I am getting ready to build myself a PC from scratch it is going to be my first one I have built. I wanted to know if a 1000MHz FSB Hyper Transport would be a better mobo to buy than a 2000MHz FSB without Hyper Transport? If someone could give me any info about this I would greatly appreciate it. Also whats a good brand of a mobo to actually get?

2. Starbuck1

Starbuck1 Guest

Nate -- I haven't researched the Hyper Transport FSB's yet; but, the following mobo manufacturers are highly rated. Also, don't forget to choose your Case/PSU too; that's almost as thrilling as buying a car. What case/psu did you decide on?? Depending on that will determine the form factor for your motherboard. Most folks are going with ATX Form factor in a desktop computer nowadays.....

Motherboard Vendors:

AOPEN
    ASUS (my favorite!)
    ABIT
    DFI
    FOXCONN
    GIGABYTE
    MSI

3. neojapan

neojapan Regular member

personally I would go with an asus,I have an asus p4p800-se(I wish I had the extra money at the time for the deluxe)and it works great.

4. nate2005

nate2005 Regular member

starbuck I chose a ATX case and a ThermalTake 480W PSU

5. nate2005

nate2005 Regular member

thanx everyone for all your help I decided that im going to get a Asus Mobo Im not quite sure which Asus but i am going to decide between two Asus mobos I have in mind so thanx again everyone

6. nate2005

nate2005 Regular member

starbuck I chose the Asus A8V-E deluxe AMD mobo when I was orginally looking at mobos I was looking at biostar but becuase it is a really cheap price I am definatly leary becuase you get what you pay for but I have heard so much good things about Asus mobos so I definatly am going with them. Thanx once again

7. Starbuck1

Starbuck1 Guest

8. nate2005

nate2005 Regular member

starbuck that is a nice mobo for a nice price for the link you sent me but i am going for the delux asus that is a little more pricey becuase I need a pci express x16 slot on the mobo so i am going for the one that is a lil more pricey but anywaize thanx alot for all your help and along with everyone else that had info.