1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onboard Video Card

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Enkyl, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Enkyl

Enkyl Member

Hello,

I really need some help.

I recently had to send my cpu to be fixed, since the motherboard was not working. Thing is, that the video card I used to use, was one connected to an AGP. The video card was a GEFORCE4 MX440 - 64 MB.

Getting back my CPU after it was fixed, I noticed that I was not using the GEFORCE4 video card, rather I was using the onboard one. Problem was, and still is, that because I do not have the proper drivers installed, my monitor is very buggy and seems to slow down my computer.

What I need to do is to install the proper drivers for the onboard video card, and all I have going is that the motherboard is:
    Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P4S266VX REV 1.xx

Without the proper drivers, just watching a normal movie on my computer is frustrating, since the movie runs slow.

Help me please!

2. Galvatr0n

Galvatr0n Member

If i understood correctly, you want to Use your Onboard videocard? or do you want to use your AGP VideoCard? If you want to use your Onboard videocard, and you nee the drivers, try visiting this website:

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Just follow the instructions and find the motherboard of you computer. and it should give you all the drivers avalible for download for you mobo, including the onboard video.

Now, If you want to use your AGP Card, then you need to use the cd that came with the card and reinstall the drivers for the GEFORCE4 MX440. If you dont have the cd, then find out what manufacturer made the card (asus, nvidia,etc), go to there website, find your card (by what ever means they have on the site), and download the appropiate drivers. hope it helps.

Anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Enkyl, is that in a sony vaio rx-752 as it is not on asus site?

4. Enkyl

Enkyl Member

Hi,

Yes it is a sony vaio rx-752. I am trying to use the onboard Video card. I have tried downloading so many drivers, but none work.

5. ddp

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

7. Enkyl

Enkyl Member

The MX400 is damaged. :(

Thanks for the help guys. It worked. The onboard card is crappy true. Will try to purchase a new card.

Thanks again! <3

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

No problem, just make sure you buy a new card that's within the restrictions of your Power supply. It may be a good idea to upgrade that if you're buying a better graphics card.

9. ddp

no problem, teach & learn