1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one for the techs please read, ps2 help (fairly long)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Rexer, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Rexer

Rexer Member

first of im new on here so id like to say hello to you all,
    i have a silver ps2 and when i got it it was fitted with a DMS3 mod chip(badly i must add) it had a problem where it would work for a while and then the sound would squeel (well annoying) so i decided to investigate, i found that the clk wire was at fault so i relocated it and ground wrapped it and it seemed to work, it played faultless for about 1 hour without the case screws in, i re fitted the case screws and it wouldnt boot my coppied games, i took the screws out again and it worked, i re fitted them again and it didnt work, ass to this i thought so i took em out and it worked , after a bit of messing it wouldnt even turn on, no lights or nothing. i took out the mod chip to be fitted at a later date(properly) and it is now dead, i found that the power supply had blown, i replaced 2 diods and a fuse and the power supply was back up and runnng. i plugged in the main board and nothing apart from when you switch on the main switch the fan spins and thats it. iv checked all the sm fuses on the main board and they are all ok. im not an expert with electronics but im ok with a soldering iron, i could proberly go through and test all the components on the board but that would take ages (and my eye sight is pants)
    is my board fried? can it be replaced ? is it worth it?
    iv looked on ebay for a faulty one with the same board as mine but havnt found it yet, mine is model number 50003 with the GH-026 main board.
    can i use the GH-023 board in this unit?
    thanks in advance for any light you can shed
    Nick

2. Rexer

Rexer Member

up to the top, please help guys
    Nick

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005