1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One minor private messaging annoyance fixed

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, Jul 5, 2003.

1. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

Dela: ...I know man, but you virtually did...

Thmaa, thmaa, thmaa, thmaa..... [​IMG]

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

HAHA ok, i stand corrected, but i will get my revenge, oh yes kligy i will *narrowing eyes with an evil grin* it will be sweet, oh just you wait, ill have my time, every dog has his day and all that stuff ;-) lol

3. A_Klingon

Oh! My God! NO! Dela, NO! Ahhhrrggghhhhhh!!!!!! [​IMG]

(Check the ban-thread, Dela). I was only 1/10th as smart as you when I was 17. Can we do anything about.....<you know>. Thnx. - Mike -

4. Dela

Ye i really think I could if I'm given the opportunity man!

And I was only kidding man, i'm not looking for revenge, moderators dont go after moiderators lol!

5. spideymac

spideymac Guest

Does anyone besides me have this problem?

I get an e-mail notifying me of a thread update and if it's a PM, I go log-in on afterdawn and get a nice "welcome back". However, when I click the Forum link in my e-mail, I get a mostly blank page that says I need to log-in before I can see the msg. It sometimes does the same, If instead of logging in on afterdawn, I log in at 321Studios. I go round and around usually a couple of times before I am finally recognized and permitted to view my pvt msg. It seems if I click on an older msg (which opens right up), I can then open my new PM (strange, huh?) Is it something I'm not doing correctly?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]The older I get the better I know how to utilize my time.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2003
  6. dengar

dengar Member

Klingon

I knew you were you two-timing me you dirty SOB!! And no way this motely crue is more handsome than us RAG TAGGERS!!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2003
  7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Um...speak for yourself, im a stunner!!! :)

8. Dela

spideymac, if you are using hotmail it is because it opens it in an external hotmail window, so basically it wont be using the cookies on your computer, instead of clicking the link, after you log in, click message boards, then copy the url from the email, paste into the address bar and there you go! :)

9. spideymac

spideymac Guest

[bold]Dela[/bold]:

Aprreciate your input; however, I'm using Incredimail EX and I can't seem to find what's causing this glitch.

10. Dela

Well still do try the same thing, open another IE window or whatever you are using and paste it into the address bar!

11. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

When is the option of deleting PM's gonna be implemented ?
    Then I could get rid of double post questions & all of the [dumb] newbie crew requests...

dRD [da boss] replied to me a many moons ago stating that there was no intention to have the delete option but there was thoughts to expiration date set on PM's messages - thoughts anyone ?? ; )

12. A_Klingon

Thoughts? Well, sure. I get them all the time.

I think that, um, (well, you know), I think that first of all, I have thoughts all the time. That is what I think most of the time, anyway. (I think). Furthermore, for the rest of the time, I think thoughts as well. Or at least, for most of the rest of the time I am thinking those thoughts, I am also thinking about them as well. So, if you're thinking what I'm thinking, chances are pretty good that we're thinking along the same lines, and I think that's just great! (Don't you think?) :)

Hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to think up any new thoughts. That's what we're here for.

-- Klingy --

13. Dela

hmm interesting Mr. Kligy! however, as u well know, thoughts can be misleading, dangerous, purposeless etc etc... We cannot afford too much or too little thought (think about that!, but not too much, or not too little).. You see it is the ability of choice that makes us humans different, animals go by instinct, we go by thought and sometimes instinct. And as well you know Mr. Kligy, I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about and it is 3:35am so what hell am i doing up?? Good night Mr. Klingon! But remember, dont let thought rule but rule instinct with thought ;-)__X_X_X_X_X_[small]http://www.BillLonero.com - Check out a true artists music!

aD channel on IRC: rod.liquidirc.com #ad_buddies[/small]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2003
  14. A_Klingon

That's all very true Dela, but it is a fine line indeed attempting to determine the actual level or degree of thought one should hand over to any one idea, i.e. : How much thinking should be devoted to any given subject?

Papa Bear: 'This bed's too hard'. (Thought about something too much).
    Mama Bear: 'This bed's too soft'. (Haven't given it enough thought).
    Baby Bear: 'This bed is just right'. (Thought something out clearly).

When attempting to think something through, I think it is helpful to determine exactly what it is you wish to accomplish [bold]by[/bold] such thinking. To that end, it might be wise to set a goal to (hopefully) arrive at, once the thinking's been done. Otherwise, all your laborious thinking may have been in vain.

Re. Instinct: Although we all possess it, some of us have more of it than others. Even so, all things being equal, my instincts might be nowhere as good as your instincts, or vice versa. It's impossible to say, because one's instincts may be at fault however well-intentioned.

How one's native, instinctive abilities tie in with their thinking abilities (which in itself may be faulty), is anyone's guess. However, I believe they are inextricably intertwined with each other, and each influences the other to a very large degree.

Now that you've given me something to think about, I'll now go have a few more beers to see if I can't help speed up the process. (It would help of course, if I had two clues what it is I am supposed to be thinking about), but as I have not set any goals (see above), it is unlikely I'll be able to arrive at any conclusive decision(s), which will, in turn, require the consumption of even more beers. And I [bold]do[/bold] believe (and even think!) that this is just fine with me!!! [hic!] :)

Good night, Dela. I think you've turned out to be a super, most responsible mod. (imho).

[​IMG] [bold]--- The Thinker ---[/bold]

15. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I think , therefore I am

[god damn it you Mods play too much] : )

outta here [​IMG]_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    I give you all these seed bearing plants & 'erbs to use...[/small]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2003
  16. Dela

Ah Mr Klingon, very interesting indeed. I hope u didnt think your way into too many drinks last night! Because when you become intoxicated, you forget purpose (ie, behind the wheel of a car, forgetting your supposed to be watching the road). So i hope that drink did not take away your purpose and you didnt disobey too much! :)

17. A_Klingon

Oh noo, noo, noo....I would never drink and drive. I drink and race. Keeping your eyes on the road is a good idea too, but mostly I keep my eyes on the rear-view mirror looking out for red & blue flashing lights.

(just kidding)

18. Dela

Ah now Kligy, we all know there was a degree of truth there!