1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One new disc won't spin (GT4), all others OK

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by baileyk9, Apr 22, 2007.

1. baileyk9

baileyk9 Guest

Anyone ever heard of a problem of only one game disc not spinning?
    I bought a new copy of Gran Turismo 4 today, for PS2. It would not fire up in the player. The disc was not spinning. Tried about 6 others games, all are OK. If I pop the lid after putting the GT4 disc in, I can see it moved a bit, but clearly wasn't spinning (other discs are spinning if I hit the eject button).
    Target let me exchange for another new game disc - same exact thing.
    This makes no sense.
    Is the player looking for something that causes it to spin? It doesn't appear defective, scratched, mis-shaped, but The disc does feel heavier, that's the only thing I noticed different.
    thanks for any ideas.

2. neosabaho

neosabaho Member

Easy. It's because it's a DVD9. Lens wearing out. Sorry dude. Welcome to the gateway of DRE's.

Or not...

3. Agent0008

Agent0008 Regular member

I had a problem with my PS2 where it would read DVD disk but not CD's, best way to tell is pop in a PSone game and see if it works. I cleaned the lens manually and everything worked again. I couldn't use a lens cleaning kit because all where on CD's.