1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one sided audio

Discussion in 'Audio' started by pauljr, Aug 10, 2004.

1. pauljr

pauljr Guest

hey.
    here is my problem

a few weeks ago, i made a bootleg of my friends band throgh the soundboard. It came out really good and my friend and all his bandmates were really pumped. The only problem with the copy is that when i put it on my computer through my mini disc player, somehow the audio only went to one speaker( i.e. when it plays sound only comes out of the left speaker, i.e its unbalanced) i no longer have the audio on the mini disc, it is simply on my computer.
    Is there anyone that has any idea of which audio mixer i could use to fix this problem, or who i might be able to give it to to fix this problem. My goal is to get the audio evenly balanced on both speakers, and it seems like everything i do wont work. if no one can describe how to fix the problem, is there anyone that might be able to do this for me? thanks for all of your help and hopefully someone will be able to help me with this problem

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Download from this site :http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ the free editor.

Load the song in there and duplicate the missing channel and save after .

Enjoy.

3. pauljr

pauljr Guest

hey man i appreciate it thanks.

4. thargor

thargor Member

Just a thought, you should check your cables and plugs so this doesn't happen again, maybe when transfering the plug wasn't in properly or one of the cables is intermittent.

5. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

There is another great, very under rated OS app, called Kristal.
    It can be found over at http://kristal.kreatives.org/index.php?section=news
    and is really good & simple to use.
    16 audio tracks
    32 Bit floating point audio engine
    44.1 to 192 kHz sample rate
    3-band parametric EQ &
    2 VST insert slots per channel
    3 VST master effect slots
    ASIO low latency audio driver support
    4 KRISTAL PlugIn slots

Still currently at Version 1.01, so is only 16 tracks. This is being developed though, and cannot really be beaten for free. Well worth a look, although a well specced machine is recommended.