1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One simple question

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mattyb, Apr 13, 2007.

1. mattyb

mattyb Member

Hi all

Rather than just ask the same questions as everybody else I have spent days trawling the net for information, reading bulletin boards etc. I am desperate not to waste peoples time or to annoy you so much that you tell me to read a user guide – I have read so many recently they are all beginning to blur into one..!!

MY OBJECTIVE: To be able to play ISO *backup* games and movies on my PSP – FW 2.60 motherboard TA-081. I am not interested in homebrew apps, emulators (SNES, Gameboy etc.). I just want to watch the movies and play games from my memory stick.

I have gleaned from this board and others how to upgrade to 2.71 and then
    downgrade to 1.50 (and I have downloaded all the files and instructions etc..)

My question is this: Should I carry out the above OR stick with 2.71 and
    use HEN-D with the Devhook .51 port?

Which one of the above will be the easiest to carry out and have the desired results.

Thanks

2. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

hen would be the easiest cuz all you have to do is do an easy tif exploit every time u cold boot it then ur set but my preferenc would be to get the easy 2.71 downgrader then easy 3.03oe-c installer just so u dont have to go into a program in order to play iso's

p.s. if the psp wont register a codec then try running it on psplayermt it plays every popular video/audio codec and im told it can read ebooks

3. mattyb

mattyb Member

Thanks for the quick reply

4. mattyb

mattyb Member

Anyone else?

5. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

Personally I can't see why anyone would not upgrade to custom firmware, its far easier and quicker than messing around with HEN-D and all that nonsense

6. staxx

staxx Regular member

Yup, like barnum stated...in the long run its better to downgrade from 2.71 to 1.50 so you can upgrade to custom firmware. Risks are very low (i'd say nil) if your patient and can follow instructions properly. Just make sure you have the downgrader appropriate for your motherboard.

If you decide to go to custom firmware...
    for your movies if your copying them from a disc, use dvd decryptor to create them into vob files then use a program called pspvideo9 to convert it to .mp4 and let pspvideo9 copy it to your psp by clicking the copy button.

If your downloading these "backup movies" i suggest downloading in .avi or .mp4 then use pspvideo9 to convert and copy to your psp.

For ISO and CSO games, they will be placed in your ISO folder.
    x:\ISO\Your iso and cso games

7. mattyb

mattyb Member

Thanks taking the time to reply guys.

8. touran22

touran22 Regular member

this has been covered. please read forum rules.

Please could u make your thread title a little bit more descriptive in the future.