1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Time Mod?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Volsfan91, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Volsfan91

Volsfan91 Member

Hi there,

A buddy of mine wants to mod his PS2. It is a thick PS2. We're ordering a hard drive to go in the back.

His cousin has the HDLoader disc. We can borrow it. However, because of cost, we were wondering if there's anyway to do a one time modification. Can we, for instance, boot straight to HDLoader without the disc everytime by flashing the PS2 BIOS or something like that?

Thanks if you can help!

2. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

If he mods his system (you meaning modchip right?) then you wont even need your mates hdloader.
    You can download the iso file from the net (sksapps.com) which is only a small file, and burn it to cd.

Look for hdloader 8b.

3. Volsfan91

Volsfan91 Member

Actually, no chip.

But thanks for the info.

4. kenio8185

kenio8185 Regular member

I think that after you use Hdloader for the first time the data will stay in your memory card and you won't need to boot up using that cd again. However im not sure about this. I think what you might need to do is use independence compiler 4.1 to create a disk image then put it in your HDD then boot that up with hdloader to put in your mem card. Im still new to this so only use my advice as a last resort if you can't find anyone else to help you.