1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one way around some CRC errors, plus a couple of other observations

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by oldslow, Jun 29, 2007.

1. oldslow

oldslow Member

I have never seen this advice before and hope it doesn't bother the old hands at this and helps the less knowledgeable. I'm one of the latter.
    some newer movies that give you a crc error while encoding are quite easy to go around. this like all problems/solutions is not all inclusive. the problem is first noticed when ckicking the re-author button and/or doubleclicking title1 to move it to the left hand box.
    what is noticed is the time lag for one or both commands is very long.
    chances are this movie will not encode without hanging (maybe your whole system).
    simple solution is to procede as above then click edit start/end frames Do NOT click any advance buttons or move the slider for the start frames. Off to the right is a pull down with 1 for the first track- change this to 2. now you can back up the start slider almost to the beginning. always leave at least 10 seconds off the begining of the movie.

yeah thats it.
    I may not understand a whole heck of alot but this works sometimes and is simple enough that most of us can do it. Quite a few of you folks are talking above my head, sadly too often. whatever happened to my dos command line? I can't find it anywhere. thank god. if you find it please give it a good home. I'll try a couple of other helpful hint some other day.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Thanks oldslow,
    CRC errors were always associated with scratches or other physical problems with the original. Newer movies can generate this error with no apparent damage. We do get posts here with CRC errors on new discs, generally the solution has been to use a different program. Hopefully you will be watching for these and you can mention this method.
    Cheers,
    Frank