1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onimusha 3 (PAL) Troubles

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by MXGzX, Aug 14, 2004.

1. MXGzX

MXGzX Member

I have a 4.36gb backup of Onimusha 3 PAL Multi5 and I burned an iso of it with Alcohol 120%. First off, it won't boot with Swap Magic DVD 2.0 so I tried using the 3.2 CD version, selected NTSC, and then swapped in CDLoader. I pressed eject and swapped in the swapmagic DVD and then pressed X at the right time. I then swapped in my backup and hit X. I'm then brought to the PS2 Browser screen.

2. MXGzX

MXGzX Member

*bumps back to top*

come on...I want to play this!

3. raggy316

raggy316 Guest

hey guys are you lot still having trouble playing this ONIMUSHA 3 if yeh reply to this and ill guide u lots :D cheers

4. MXGzX

MXGzX Member

*replies*

5. raggy316

raggy316 Guest

ok what u lot do is go to swapmagicfix.com and then download cd loader version 7.52 beta and then instead of cd loader try this beta version and it will work

6. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

I have successfully backed up a copy of Onimusha 3, and it works flawlessly without the need of DVD or CD loader. Just like a regular game. It's NTSC version. And MXGzX, you really do want to play this...it's awesome!

7. Diceman1

Diceman1 Member

When I first tried to copy Onimusha 3 PAL (v5 PS2, DUO modchip, 4x Princo DVD-R) with Alcohol 120% I got some wierd error after I inserted the blank (haven't checked fully to see whether it was a coaster or not). Switched to my usual PS2 game burning software, Nero 6.3.0.3, burned fine onto DVD-R but all I got was a black screen, no language selection screen came up. Thought it must have been the first of a new wave of games the DUO would be unable to circumvent, checked some forums and decided to try again, this time using DVD decrypter on the minimum read-write speeds (2x read, 2x write). Burned it onto a DVD-RW and the game worked fine, made a DVD-R copy and I now use that as my working copy of Onimusha 3.
    I was worried that it was a modchip thing but it was just a read & write speed thing.

8. MXGzX

MXGzX Member

Doing what raggy did doesn't help

So I will try using DVD Decrypter at the slowest speed....

9. MXGzX

MXGzX Member

It worked! :)

The lowest my DVD burner could burn the dvd at was 2.4x but...it worked so hey whatever

10. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

it doesnt always have to be @ 1x. many ppl burn @ 2.4x, and thats that. just make sure that u always burn at the LOWEST speed, no matter what that is