1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onimusha Blade Warriors problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Matty156, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Matty156

Matty156 Guest

I have a back up copy of Onimusha Blade Warriors. When it loads and it tells me to press start the screan turns black and it brings me to that screen that says "Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 format disc" I have tried it many times and it always does the same thing. Does anyone no what i can do? Should i bring the game back to the store or is it a problem with my ps2?
    Thnx

2. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

you need to tell us more info? what modchip do u have if u have one? what you are using to burn the games?

3. Matty156

Matty156 Guest

I dont no what nodchip i have because i got mine installed from some store.

4. tkt

tkt Member

Exactly. I got the same problem. My PSX2 is V9 with Messiah 2 modchip.

5. bobbytues

bobbytues Member

I have a magic 3.1 and both the copy AND original come up with the 'Please insert Playstation' screen. We put the modchip to sleep (If you have a magic 3.1, turn the unit off then back on to the standby (redlight) mode. Hold the reset button down for 5-6 seconds. This is essential for online gaming with a magic 3.x as well.)

We were able to play the original, but of course the mod chip needs to be active to play the copy. I believe Capcom has initiated a modchip block on that (and probably other newly released) games. I remember they did that with Dino Crisis on the PS1 too, only that one told you it was blocked due to a modchip. They didn't get your spirits high by taking you thru the intro then cutting you off just when you're ready for action (the dirty rats, probably laughin their asses off right now). Still researching to see if there's a way to get the backup OBW to play with the modchip activated, or if there's a capcom patch somewhere that can be added to the image. If anyone has any further input on that, please share....

6. rashiken

rashiken Member

Let me tell you something you might not know, did you know that if press the eject button, you're actually reactivating the mod chip? given this fact we can boot onimusha and splinter cell just fine.

i have a Magic 3.1 mod chip by the way, and it works just fine with me.

first, splinter cell checks the disc each time a new level is loaded, but keep in mind that it does pause and ask you to save, so during this time BEFORE YOU PRESS OK after saving, eject the disc then PRESS OK, then inject the disc the immediately (press eject again). this would activate the mod chip again and continue accessing the disc.

second, onimusha blade warriors, it will boot until the capcom logo and the intro FMV, during the intro FMV, DON'T PRESS START! instead eject the disc, the FMV will freeze then quickly inject the disc again, it should load try to continue playing the intro FMV then as it is trying access the disc press START repeatedly until the FMV stops. This should boot Onimusha.

As far as copy protection is concerned, i think splinter cell and onimusha has this, and I manage to figure out how to override it. So you see no need for a new HIGHER version MOD chip.

7. hunter929

hunter929 Member

I have the same problem. I heard that it was because the game has triple protection, dont know how true that is but something is going on.

8. rashiken

rashiken Member

try it guys, it works, it's just a matter observation, splinter cell checks the disc every time a new level is beaing loaded, onimusha blade warriors checks the disc on the first part only.