1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

onkyo tx-sr702 help.

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by shawnvin, Feb 9, 2007.

1. shawnvin

shawnvin Member

A friend came over the other day with an Avia a/v calibration disk. This had led to the discovery of a couple questioins concerning my reciever that i would greatly appreciate some help with. I want my equipment to give me 100% and function as well as possible and as intended.
    First, i am runninf a polk audio psw404 powered sub via the L/R preouts to the unfiltered line-in as suggested by polk. does this sound right and why would they make this suggestion instead of simply using the sub-out? This seems to make problems when trying to calibrate through Avia.
    Second, I re-discovered that my rear back speakers (i'm only 5.1) are connected to the rear surround outputs on the reciever, not the rear back surround outputs. i had forgotten why i did this in the first place and quickly realized that it is because even though the speakers do fine with a test tone from the reciever, the speakers are completely dead during normal listening of any dolby 5.1 signal. i only hear them active when they are wired to the rear surround outputs. Is this the right wiring position for the back speakers in a 5.1 set-up.
    Thanks to any and all reponders. this is the kind of crap you can't answer with a manual.

2. david66

david66 Regular member

rear surround is correct the back set up is for 6.1 or 7.1 you should connect the subwoofer by way of subwoofer out on your receiver