1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online gaming with messiah 2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by rap1d, Dec 16, 2004.

1. rap1d

rap1d Member

I have a built in mod chip (messiah 2) and I wanted to try online gaming but each time I try 2 get thru 2 central station it freezes. When I try and play a game I get error -402 (Invalid disc. A PS2 disc information error has occurred.)

I have read the various threads to find a way to make it work but I have had no joy. The thread about patching the game is no use becuase my original game gives the same error.

I spoke to GAME technical line and they said if my ps2 has been modified DNAS won't allow me to connect. To save going around in circles I told the advisor I hav a mod chip so I can play backup copies of my games and he said I won't be able to use it for online gaming. He told me that DNAS will recognise the modchip on the system and won't allow me to connect.

Just to check my ISP was ok, I used my m8s ps2 and hooked the adapter to that, put my game in and it connects fine. Not a problem with the version of ps2 either becuase my friend and I bought it at the same time from the same store so they are exactly the same. So it is the messiah 2 that is stoppin me from connectin.

Is there anyway of getting online with the messiah 2 cus like I said before, my originals won't even connect either!

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Can you disable the messiah 2 to play your originals online? Some mod chips you can, but not sure about this one.
    Although your originals dont work online, if you patch your back ups they will work. The DNAS patch stops it detecting your mod chip.

3. rap1d

rap1d Member

Thanks for replyin Bigmac999, I searched after I posted this thread and read up on disabling the Messiah 2 and it worked. I played my original online.

What I want to do now is play my backups online if I borrow my m8s the originals. Are you saying if I put a patch on my backup I don't even need to disable the mod chip? I can jus play it str8 like a normal ps2?

4. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Thats right. Just patch your back up and boot it as usual with your modchip ENABLED. Should go online with no problems.

5. rap1d

rap1d Member

How do I patch the games?

Im not sure what I am lookin for on the actual game so I don't know what to patch, can you talk me through it?

Im not sure what software to use either, at the mo I'm using games X copy to make back ups.

6. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Use alcohol 120% or dvd decrypter to create an .iso backup. read the guide here http://www.ps2nfo.com/on-line.html
    You need to sign up to gain access to the downloads needed if you havent already. Any problems PM me and i'll send you the files.

7. rap1d

rap1d Member

You have been a gr8 help, I patched my killzone from the original and backup works online, the site was really easy to follow, it took so long finding all the software tho!!

8. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Glad I could help mate.