1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Patched Killzone Problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by HellGates, Jan 2, 2005.

1. HellGates

HellGates Member

I don't know about anyone else but I have tried twice to patch my Killzone backup & it wont even get all the way to the main menu before it freezes. It loads slow the whole time up until it freezes too. I had bought a [bold]Brand New[/bold] copy of Killzone. Saw this patching trick & thought I'd try it out on Killzone to see if it worked. Everyone & they're mom is sayin' the shit works so whats the deal? Is it Killzone? Anyone else havin problems loading the patched version? The one thing I would like to clear up before I get alot of non-sense questions, is that I have DVD Decrypter to read/write the image file, Disc ID Utility to get the Disc ID, Image Patcher to patch the image file, & SM 2.0 DVD. I even have DIsc ID Inserter just in case.

2. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

your copy could b a bad burn.
    which media brand ur using?
    and which speed did u burn at?

3. HellGates

HellGates Member

Its not the disc nor the speed nor the burner. Trust me. I have a pretty good collection of backups of the same brand DVDs, while using the same process time & time again, so.... I know for a fact its not a bad burn because I burned it twice just to make sure & both did the exact same thing. My regular copy of it works fine. Only the patched.

4. siegeA

siegeA Member

I have patched My Killzone just fine. I used DVD Decrypter, and then WinDip. WinDip is the same thing as Image Patcher though, so it should work.

I am burning on TEON DVD=Rs (not sure if they're good or not). My loading times are a bit slower, but it plays fine.
    I also have SM 2.0, with flip top.

You say you can't even make it to the main menu, or the main menu online? Perhaps you have been wrinting a bad ID into it.

5. HellGates

HellGates Member

Its not a bad ID. Trust me. I have done this process over & over again. Its not my DVDs, its not my burner, nothing. I don't know what the problem could be. My Ghost Recon 2 loads up kind slow but its not patched for online so it doesn't really bother me because its only slow at loading screens. On the other hand, this patched Killzone just loads slow period. Like even from the Swap Magic screen(I have DVD 2.0 & CD 3.0) it loads different & slower than my regular backup. It cn't be the game either because I still haven't played the Killzone I bought. I don't know, but the CD Loader thing hasn't for me either. But it seems like games that people are having problems with, I burn them once & there fine(which is the majority of my games). Its like only newer games(like not released before 2004) & games I have to use the CD Loader with. Hell, I got so frustrated with Unreal Tournament & the CD Loader, I just went out & bought the damn game for $6 & then went to Blockbuster & told them it didn't work(which it did) so I could get another game to burn. Heh. O well, guess I'll just get the new SM 3.3 & then any games that don't work, either buy or stop complainin'

6. XiOn.hack

XiOn.hack Guest

Hello, i realize that hellgate is having a problem... and im sorry to get in the middle here but you guys really seem to know what your talking about. im new to this mod patching and all of this i was just wondering if i could talk to one of you to set up here. i can code games easy and i know sytem and source code like the back of my hand but when it comes to this mod's and burning copys and all of this i cant follow so just trying to get some help here because once i understand were this is coming from i am sure i will catch on to everything else very fast. i also recently purchased killzone, if i wanted to mod that or patch it in such a way to were i could use coding to (hack) the game for such things as god mode,infinite ammo, and such(i can do that after bypassing DNAS)...would i have to figure out a way to bypass DNAS or is their a product on the market i could purchase to help me bypass this. i am aware of code magic but have not bin able to track any of this product down.

7. HellGates

HellGates Member

First of all, I am a frequent player of Killzone online & if you get on with cheats, trust me, I will know & so will almost everyone else. Its not worth the time & effort. [bold]Just learn how to play the game & get good at it.[/bold] Thats what I say to all cheaters online. It just shows you can't man up & accept the fact that you suck & thas why your cheating. Anyway, back to the question. There is a way to patch a backup so that you can play online. Basiclly patches the DNAS files to your ISO image file leading to when you burn the ISO image it will be the "original" game(not really though, just all features like original.) Other than that I'm not into the whole patching & that kind of crap. I use to be into hacking(like computers & such) & I almost got caught so I stopped. Since then I haven't really been much of a computer nerd. Just keep to the basics: bootlegging, bootlegging, & more bootlegging. Oh yeah, & the occasional internet browse. Thas all the help I can give.

8. HellGates

HellGates Member

I went on the Killzone forums & what people are saying on there about this problem is this. They are basiclly saying that with the Swap Magic v2.0/3.0 & a v7 PS2 the online patched version of Killzone will not work(I do not know if this is for SM 3.3? Any answers?) You have to go to http://www.ps2ownz.com & they have it there in the download section. If this is your first time being there then don't even look for the downloads. Register, wait 5 days then come back(it takes 5 days for your acunt to be verified so that you can download.) You can post all day long just can't download. They have 3 files out right now. One is for the v1-6 PS2s SwapMagic fix(i'm pretty sure thas what it is.) They also have it for v7 PS2s also. Then they have the mother of them all. The multi-player [bold]ONLY[/bold], yes multi-player only Killzone(loads directly to multi-player which equals faster loads) They have this but everytime I download it the file never works. There .PPF file is not complete. I know the v7 .PPF file works fine. So does the .PPF file for Splinter Cell: Pandore Tomorrow. The files for MK: Deception & Call of Duty don't work either(.PPF file incomplete or something) Anyone have the MK:Deception, Killzone(multi only), & Call of Duty: Finest Hour .PPF files fully intact & working(also, have actually use the files & works)? If anyone does I would greatly appreciate a link or we could get up on mIRC or AIM or somethin' so I could recieve the file.

9. SahaBlack

SahaBlack Member

Hey I recently backed up Killzone and when I try to go online it goes to a black screen, and then to the insert PS2 disc screen. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I have a mod chip and I have dnas patched it properly.