1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only 2 Years!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by babaloo, Apr 19, 2007.

1. babaloo

babaloo Guest

I first bought my little girl the xbox360 premium package about 1 and a half years ago. Now everyone on this site knows that you pay at least 500.00 for the premium, couple that with a some games and your looking at over 600.00. About 2 days ago I started having problems with the system freezing up and then I got the drastic 3 red lights. I called up Xbox support and they ran me through some steps. They then told me that it was a mother board issue and it would cost me 140.00 to fix it!! They also told me they would throw in a 1 year warranty and 6 months of Xbox live for free. I'll agree that they have excellent customer support and that they shipped me a box, that was already postage free, with instructions on how to ship it. The problem I have is that for 500.00 the system should last much longer than that. I've had my Atari in 130 degree attic for years and I've owned it since 1979. What gives?

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

mass production means cheaper quality, its something that people have to grasp, it know it blows paying that much and then it messing up but it could be worse, you could have to replace the whole console for the price of a new one...

3. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

you said that microsoft had good customer report. well thats not true. you most likely wont get the same xbox back but a refurbished one that will break within a week. most people have trouble getting their xboxs fixed so good luck with yours

4. bazthegun

bazthegun Member

i got less than 300 hours out of my new 360

production quality on the xbox 360 sucks big time

5. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

New policy states that you will recieve YOUR console back.

6. babaloo

babaloo Guest

Yeah, I have my Xbox360 marked and stickers in certain areas to varify that it is mine. Like I said good service but bad product. Now if I get my Xbox back and I have no further problems then I'll be fine with it. One more thing, When I went to the UPS store to have it shipped there was another XBOX360 behind the counter in the exact same shipping box waiting to be shipped for repairs. The owner grinned when he saw me and said "Well, I guess my son's 360 will be breaking soon too!" I aked him when did he buy the system and he told me he bought it Christmas of 2006. I told him to at least get the 3 year warranty from Best Buy where he bought it from.

7. addflash

addflash Member

I think they are not working on their new policies at da moment because i sent my xbox on 14/4/07 becuase my dvd drive giving me problems like dirty dics and put this disc in xbox360 and i recieved xbox but refurbished one on 18/4/07.My original drive was samsung ms25,now i got hitachi drive.