1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only one file won't work.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by DustyCat, Jul 11, 2003.

1. DustyCat

DustyCat Member

I have an odd problem. I have an MPEG-2 film, it originally came in two separate sectors of RAR files. 55 in the first and 53 in the second. However I ran SmartPar which said everything was fine, and yet the first UnRar-ing didn't work well, after it got to #55 it claimed I needed 56, 57 58 etc. which simply wasn't true and didn't exist, so I just ignored it and converted the BIN to an MPEG, now the MPEG has distorted choppy video and distorted choppy audio, HOWEVER (and this is the part that gets me) when I Un-Rar'd the second half, everything was fine, converted the BIN to MPEG, and it works fine. So what happened with the first half?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

hmm obviously problems extracting here, have you tried to make any repairs with WinRAR or anything?

3. DustyCat

DustyCat Member

Make repairs with WinRar? How?
    I used SmartPar to see if there were any errors in the files and there weren't and SmartPar ALSO notices if files are missing, so I'm wondering why WinRar kept saying I was missing RAR files?
    How would i go about making repairs with WinRar?

4. Dela

Well usually with WinRAR you can check a file by justn clicking it and clicking the rep[air button, although i know its not the best program for repairs anyway!

5. DustyCat

DustyCat Member

Yes, but even so I wouldn't know which file to repair! 1-55 are all seemingly fine and SmartPar came up with no missing or corrupt files. Now that the MPEG-2 plays back with very choppy almost un-watchable video and audio, is there any thing I can do to fix the audio/video? I can't demultiplex using TMPGEnc because of some error message "Illegal Video stream" and "illegal audio stream" but I KNOW it wasn't illegaly streamed so I'm at a loss.

6. Dela

hmmm, it is a strange problem indeed, are you sure that u dont need anymore files?? but then again if you did you wouldnt have any chance of getting the bin/cue in the file place, hmmm, im off to bed now for a few hours but say for when i get back, what are you using to extract the mpg file from the bin file?

7. DustyCat

DustyCat Member

No I really don't think i need anymore files I think that it was an error, I think if I kept going it would just say I needed more files forever! I used VCDgear to get the MPEG out of the BIN. I tried IsoBuster but got errors. The video and audio is so choppy but it definitely plays in my Windows Media Player (and besides, when files are missing, SmartPar tells you and "recovers" them for you). Anyone have a clue what I can do to fix the video/audio? or to fix the "illegal video/audio stream" errors?

8. Dela

Well try this, get Alcohol 120% (or anything to mount the bin file up to a virtual cd drive) and then mount the bin file, download vcdeasy, click tools - mpeg tools, under cdxa2mpeg, load in the avseq01.mpg file in the dat file field and in the mpeg file field choose somewhere to save an mpg file. Click convert!

Hope that works, I will be back later to check anyway!

9. DustyCat

DustyCat Member

thanks! I will definitely try this.

10. DustyCat

DustyCat Member

Oh my god Dela you ARE a technological genius!
    I couldnt figure out what the heck to do with Alcohol 120% so I just extracted the dat using VCDgear and the did a dat->mpeg conversion using VCDEasy where you said, and the file is normal now! See? And to think I would have deleted it and started from scratch. Thanks Dela, eVERYONE LISTEN TO DELA!

11. Dela

lol, no prob man, good luck now :)

12. DustyCat

DustyCat Member

Well, I'm not a man, but thanks!

13. Dela

lol, believe it or not I am not a woman, I am James Delahunty (thats where the Dela comes from). I'm glad I could fix that problem, I was a bit worried to be honest cause I didnt have many ideas of how to deal with it lol. But thankfully something came up! lol, Whenever ya need help this forum is a great place or feel free to PM me anytime for help or of course, join us for a chat on IRC!