1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only the menu burned.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jkay, Feb 24, 2003.

1. jkay

jkay Guest

I tried burning my first dvd the other night, The Wizard of Oz, and all I got to copy was the menu. I couldn't get it to work at all the first time, so I downloaded the whole movie and then inserted the writable disk. My burner finally started to make the copy at that point. But all that I ended up getting was the menu and not the movie, itself. Help, I love the product but am new to this. I have a NEC 1100A burner from Dell that is a DVD+R(W). It seems as if I am so close to getting the whole thing. Help, what should I be doing differently to burn the whole movie? Thanks, for the help. This is an awesome product. jkay

2. LuNaTiC

LuNaTiC Guest

Copying a DVD is not like copying a CD. You must first rip the files from the DVD with a ripper program such as DVD Decrypter or Smartripper to remove the protection. Then if it is small enough (4.36gig) or less you can burn it to a DVD otherwise you will have to use a program such as DVD2ONE or DVDXCOPY. I suggest you do a little more reading before you proceed. You should read some guides on this site or at http://www.doom9.org/