1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Only Xbox One S 2TB model supports 4K Blu-ray?

Discussion in 'Xbox One' started by movielover, Aug 9, 2016.

1. movielover

movielover Member

I heard that only Xbox One S 2TB model supports 4K Blu-ray, is it true? I plan to invest the 5ooGB model instead of 1TB or 2TB cause I want to get an external hard disd with larger space with the extra money.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

yes but do a web search anyway to confirm

3. movielover

movielover Member

Too much fake news

4. hogger129

hogger129 Member

I just bought an Xbox One no less than ~1 year ago. Are they offering any kind of trade in value if I upgrade to the Xbox One S?

5. movielover

movielover Member

I don't think there is any trade you want. Have you heard about any trade that I could update my old Galaxy Note 5 to Galaxy Note 7 with a little money payment, much less than the Note 7 original price?

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Side by side comparison.Unless your watching hd content it does not appear to be worth upgrading.

http://au.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_S_vs_Xbox_One_Comparison_Chart

edit:next year however you may want to think bout it,read this on a local news site while browsing an article on the new ps4,i've included the first paragraph for context

In another sign of this new reality, Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One S, a slimmer update to its Xbox One console, in June at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, where new consoles are traditionally unveiled.

It also hyped Project Scorpio, a more powerful version due in 2017 that will offer virtual reality and 4K gaming, just like the PlayStation Pro. Releasing the Pro before the new Xbox gives Sony an edge over its rival for the holiday season.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  7. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

ok so you know there is a lot of things you need to understand and its very important the new xbox one s is currently going through major problems these problems include these error codes.

E201
    E202
    E203
    E204
    E205
    E206
    E207
    E208
    E209

These are the error codes that happen on the xbox one s constantly if you receive this error its mainly because the xbox one s uses a seagate hard drive and the hard drive has failed where the xbox one original 500 gig model used a western digital drive and doesn't fail.

So you have been warned its not worth it.

i have received 234 complaints

so far about hard drive failure

8. tmbm

tmbm Regular member

Xbox 1 s would go really well with my 30 inch £270 tv. A year to late.

9. Nepheler

Nepheler Member

I think the Xbox One S can support the 4K Blu-ray, you also can get the best skill to play 4K videos on Xbox One S or the latest Xbox One X.