1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oops i strayed from a Pioneer

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by 172, Jun 11, 2004.

1. 172

172 Member

I write with Datasafe Ritek DVD-R G04`s and brought a Lite-on 851S problem is after burning only the Liteon can read this disc after going down the DVDDecrypter, DVD2One, nero6 route. but using the same method on my Pioneer 106 has been ok for ages. I`ve tried different firmware and it won`t be a region problem. Thing is my Pioneer DVD reader won`t read the disc automatically but can read the VOBs if i manually click on them. Any ideas to why this is.

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Thats what you get for straying........report this member for violation.............LOL

What do you mean read them automatically?

Do you mean it will not autorun?, if so go to properties of your reader and enable it....

Have got dvd compatible software - windvd/powerdvd/media player9 etc?

Have you got the files in a VIDEO_TS folder, I suppose you have if you have been doing them for a while......

3. 172

172 Member

Automatically as in my standard DVD player(not in a computer)or my pioneer DVD Reader. Yes has VIDEO_TS folder.Autorun is already enabled as my pioneer 106 discs autorun ok and i have got dvd compatible software.

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Are your settings setup correctly in your player software.....ie your reader as default etc....
    And also setup to load from the dvdrom and not in file mode....

The dvd does require you to have a VIDEO_TS.ifo/bup contained within main folder aswell in order to play.....

5. 172

172 Member

Yes, the reader doesn`t need to be default in XP because it brings up a box asking you what you want to with the discs in any drive. The only drive that asks this is the liteon drive with the recorded liteon discs, even the pioneer 106 doesn`t see the discs thats been written by the liteon where as other discs are seen written by the pioneer 106.

Which means the ifo`s bup`s and Vob`s are ok as the liteon know what it is but why just the liteon?

6. baabaa

baabaa Active member

A little confused here, so to clarify:

Pioneer 106 burner working for ages no problems
    Purchsed Liteon 851s
    Both burners installed at the same time???????
    Both burners on the same IDE channel??????????
    Each burner configured differently - eg master/slave?????????
    Liteon burned discs, will only read in the Liteon and O/S.
    Not readable in the Pioneer or O/S, can only select the vobs using a dvd program etc.

From what I can see, the disc is OK, but the O/S seems to be causing the problem.

I would go into control panel/device manager and uninstall the Pioneer (do not physically remove), then power off, cold start, let windows find the device and reinstall and see if that cures the problem..............

7. 172

172 Member

No the lite-on (but no one home) is in a separate computer, sorry forgot to say that.

But......

I found out the problem, when i was shrinking i was using 4460Mb on my pioneer so the very edge of discs weren`t used and i used the same settings for the lite-on (only when the fridge door closes)but it seems when i use a data compression of 4400Mb the disc works in all drives, data amount could probably more but haven`t tested.Thing is burn was successful when burning at 4460Mb on the liteon in Nero (spooky)

Anyway does make me (supreme Senior Member)...haha
    Wouldn`t have the time in the forum anyway

efex moves on.