1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oops, it got dropped.!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by darkarchr, Jan 27, 2007.

1. darkarchr

darkarchr Member

I was going to lend my brother my modded xbox, and before he could get it out the door, he managed to drop the xbox from about 5 ft. I understand the sensitivity of the HD and other parts, but he managed to really bone it up. When it tries to boot the xbox logo comes up and then it freezes. After about 10 to 20 seconds the HD begins to click (I think its the HD), and the jewel light turns red. What can I do to repair this if even possible?

2. IV2113IV

IV2113IV Member

well to actually get an idea of what kind of damage is done if i were you i'd open the case up and look.

3. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

do u get an error code cause when i droped it a cord might have come loose or at least hopefully jus open it up and look inside

4. darkarchr

darkarchr Member

ok, i got it all opened up. nothing seems to be broken, but there are so many little pieces that could have gone bad. i will put it all back together and try it out

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

from 5 feet, i can all but guarantee the hard drive is now shot. variety of other things could be gone now, as well. you're going to need to do a pretty detailed inspection to find all the busted parts.

6. darkarchr

darkarchr Member

after attempting to boot up, the HD clicks, and then the jewel flight flashes green/red and the screen has many languages but at the top left it appears to have the number 07 in square style typing, and says Xbox needs service, contact customer service.

7. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

check the grey cable going to the hard drive

8. darkarchr

darkarchr Member

well aparently its not the cables. it seams the HD is timing out. but i dunno what to do

9. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

the needle that reads the drive has been damaged. The only way to fic it is to put in a new hd. If it has a modchip , I think you can just put in any hdd and put in slayers evolution x and click install with upgraded hd

10. darkarchr

darkarchr Member

thanks zooom
    i am getting slayers and aid as we speak. another person wanted me to try and reformat the hd, and hopefully that will work, but if it doesnt its time for a new hd
    thanks for all the help and support from everyone

11. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

no problem, but if your drive is clicking that means that you have no access to it so you cant reformat it. when it clicks that means the mechanism inside is broken (it happened to my ipod once)

12. Jeebiss

Jeebiss Member

7 - kernel - HDD timeout

Most of the times, the IDE cable is not properly connected when you see this error. Please reattach the ide cable. Not only to the harddisk drive but also to the dvd drive. ALso try to reconnect the ide cable to the motherboard.

Press pretty hard so it goes all the way in. Make sure it is seated straight and proper in the drives and the motherboard. If you still have an error 7. Try another ide cable. If that won't work try another harddisk. If there is still no go, try to set the jumpers on the rearside of the harddisk drive. Set it to master or cable select. If still no succes, good luck and sell your xbox to me rolleyes.gif

13. darkarchr

darkarchr Member

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!
    xbox is up and running! was not the cables
    was the HD
    something got knocked loose on the inside
    opened her up and removed the object
    evox up and running
    minimal loss, saved game and some skins
    HAPPY GAMING!!