1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

open season

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nugnu222, Jan 31, 2007.

1. nugnu222

nugnu222 Member

has anyone had success with making backup copies of Open Season? With my copy of DVD Decrypter, the program simply crashes and then I have to reboot the system. Help!

2. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

i had no trouble with this movie, i used dvdfab 3.0.7.0, it's the best,, good luck:)

3. nugnu222

nugnu222 Member

thanks! will find it and try it and let you know

4. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

I used Nero Recorde 2 and AnyDVD, watched it and it came out fine,

5. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

did that yesterday with AnyDVD + CloneDVD movie only.... came out great.

7. acabeo

acabeo Member

I use dvd shrink and it auto starts nero burning, (anydvd running in background) I dont usually have a problem but as you guys know 'open season' is wrapped tight. I read last night that ripit4me was good so i dl'd that, so now I'm wondering if I can back it up using what I have now. ripit4me is a little confusing because it askes for dvd decrypter, is decrypter necessary to run ripit4me? in the past I've been ok with shrink and anydvd. do I really need 2 more programs for backing up my 'open season'?

8. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@acabeo...... by asking a question in a thread that is already asking a different question you are hijacking the thread for your purpose... just so you know.... you should start a new thread asking your question. If everyone does this it gets too confusing on who people are helping and what question is being answered! another words..... don't hijack the thread, ask your question by starting a new thread! Thank you.

9. acabeo

acabeo Member

Thanks for your help and politness, Ihoe.
    I'll do that right now.

10. lil1

lil1 Member

Ripped the intire disk (Any DvD & Clone DvD) No problems

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK everyone,

I have been around a long time and been doing this backup stuff for a while now, and it is very evident to me that people are just not patient. There is nothing wrong with that it is in our nature, but please give the software manufactures a day or two after a movie has been released so the new codes can be broke. The problem seems to be that people just aren't updating there software to the newest version or not even waiting a couple of days after a movie is released. It's kind of hard for them to crack the code on a new movie if it hasn’t even been released yet. Point is this movie along with many others that have thousands of threads on them are all able to be backed up once the software companies have updated there software (and more importantly you have updated said software) So if you have updated to the newest version of AnyDVD, DVDFab Decrypter, RI4M, and many others and are still having problems (after the release date) then maybe there would be some validity in your posts of "----- won't back up" I don't know about anyone else but it gets pretty frustrating seeing all these threads on here about a certain movie that won't back up and all everyone responds with is every type of software they used to do the backup themselves. Obviously this movie can be backed up along with thousands of others and in many different ways. I wouldn't say one way is better than the other as everyone has there preferences, but it can indeed be backed up with countless different programs (as long as they are updated)

@nugnu222,

I think what I am trying to say is to make sure you have the latest versions of all of your software and then give it another go. If you still have a problem let us know.

Cheers!

12. nugnu222

nugnu222 Member

hey people - thanks for all the input - I will update my software and try again..

13. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

To and for the experienced members new and old the response to repetative post regarding any title and back-up how-to's is SEARCH! It is selfish to create new threads on such popular titles with discussions that have already been addressed. "OPEN SEASON" and it's back-up troubles were addressed over two weeks ago? It would be better to find an open thread and add on or post your inquiry as it's obvious the question has already been asked and RipIt4Me, Vob Blanker, as well as AnyDVD have now been updated to accomedate any all back-up issues with this title and long before it was released.

Whether you are one to rely on retail or freeware software it is your responsibility to keep your software updated so that you may be successful with any and all DVD back-up attempts of your choosing. To the newbies, backing-up any title is indeed trial an error at 1st and even the most experienced are not above this so show respect to the members here who write indepth articles and How-to's explaining in step-by-step fashion how a given title is backed-up successfully. I don't mean to be harsh as I don't believe that I am. Just a little advice.:p

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  14. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Good advice N2DVD :)

15. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Yeah Open Season was giving me fits - Dvd shrink & ANYDVD , DVD Decrypter &ANYDVD, even Just ANYDVD by itself would enconter - Has encountered an error message and cannot continue ! Tried DVD Fab Decrypter & anydvd Then Shrink & Worked for me ! For what it's worth ! Ciao! Y'all !!!

16. Lloyd510

Lloyd510 Member

I got an error message when i tried to open open season, and the grudge2 with dvd decrypter 3.5.4.0, and dvdfab 3.0.4.5 any advice. Do i need to up date my programs again?

17. acabeo

acabeo Member

18. boyette

boyette Member

everybody listen to this.....i just found out how to back up open season i used anydvd right click on rip to hd then as soon as it starts click on pause then use nero recode to rip the movie(only) and viola that's it... have fun u guys..