1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

open season

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by topdog19, Feb 7, 2007.

1. topdog19

topdog19 Member

I was unable to copy open season and found information that said how to use dvd clone. down loaded dvd clone and tried to follow the directions but still had no luck. is there a step by step process other than the one in the help menu. i was able to get the movie to my hard drive utilizing dvd clone but could not get it to copy to the disk. sure it is my inexperience in this but any help would be great thanks. finding way too many movies shrink and decrypter along with any dvd are unable to copy. need something easy and good. dvd shrink and decrypter and anydvd does great when it works.....

2. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

3. cartjunky

cartjunky Member

Use the latest version of DVDFAB+Shrink and you'll be golden. :)

4. khberry

khberry Member

do this and it will work download ripit4me which is at ripit4me.org once that is done ripit4me will decrypt with dvd decryptor and let the process go and once it gets all done it will open up dvd shrink and when that gets done hit backup button and i had dvd decryptor burn the movie and it works great that way

5. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

I had the same issue with clone, though I aim to figgure it out.

BUT...I had absolutely NO PROBLEM with ripit. It was able to do S3 weeks before slysoft stuff. Now...slysoft products can be much quicker and people have had success with OpenSeason, S3, Grudge and Running with scissors using it.

That said I rarely see issues with ripit. Their updates are fast as well. Try it you will love it. I also know that DVDFab works but I am not a user.

aabbccdd, if you see this I know you will have an answer. What are we doing wrong with the slysoft stuff? I know it should be working, esp. this title usually it is so EASY with those two since update. Is it the dual function pc/dvd files????

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I can't believe updated AnyDVD and CloneDVD are not doing this movie. I did it with AnyDVD and Nero Recode one of the harder combos to get to work-movie only.

7. thebox

thebox Member

This movie and many others that are coming out you will see place the problematic sections at the end of the disc, making you think "Wow, this is going to work".
    I used AnyDVD v6.1.1.4, CloneDVD v2.0.9.3 to remove all unwanted video (ie: Previews) and DVDShrink to compress. Works 100%. Then I copied it using RipIt4Me (latest version), FixVTS (latest version) and DVDShrink. Again, works 100%.

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@thebox

Why didn't you just start the whole backing up proceedure with ripit4me and go from there. It will work and save you a lot of time.

9. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

Hi
    managed to do movie with DVDFAB ive got the files on my hd, shrink wont open them, everything else ive tried says that the file is to big, 7.95gb. any ideas. I also ran through NERO but that just gave me another image and wouldnt burn cos its too big.
    Thanks

Seamus

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If you already have the files on your hard drive then just use FixVTS which can be had here FixVTS download then run your DVD files threw that proggie. Shrink will open them then :)

11. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

I have spent since 11.30 am trying to back up this disc. Finally I managed to do it. I have just downloaded DVDregion+cssfree and ran the disc again through SHRINK it flew through itHope this helps other with problems with Open Season.

Seamus

12. thebox

thebox Member

@garmoon

i'm picky at the quality and the amount of extras that are on my dvd's.
    if i want things out, ill use anydvd in the background and clonedv to remove anything i hate and dvdshrink to compress.
    if i aint that picky at the time, ill just pass the whole thing through ripit4me and im done

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I'm sorry but I am a little confused by that whole statement? You use CloneDVD and then Shrink to compress? Why!!! CloneDVD already compresses so why compress with Shrink again? If your that picky about quality you should be using Rebuilder.

14. thebox

thebox Member

why compress with DVDShrink?
    it allows to to balance out the compression levels manually

15. True2Life

True2Life Member

I use anydvd to RIP to HARDdrive and it works fine. but when i try to shirnk with dvd shirnk i have an error? can any one help??? TK

16. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

True2Life,
    You need to use FixVTS (Look at "bbmayo" 1st post as the d/l is there ) on the files that you have saved to the HD. Then use Shrink on those files and you are good to go.

I'll also suggest that you d/l "Ripit4Me" and use that to rip the DVD to the HD. If you use the 1-click method then everything is done for you automatically and it opens Shrink for you.

Ripit4Me: http://www.ripit4me.org/download.html
    Ripit4Me Guide: http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah anydvd is not playing well with Shrink here lately. When it doesn't work with shrink try DVDFab decrypter or Ripit4me with fixVTS. Both free programs:

DVDFab Decrypter-
    http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

Ripit4Me-
    http://www.ripit4me.org Install using the installer that also installs FixVTS.