1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Season

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by brandfire, Feb 20, 2007.

1. brandfire

brandfire Member

Trouble with Open Season. I have DVD Shrink and Anydvd I also have CloneDVD2. I have always muddled through using DVD Shrink and taking it to the hard drive and burning with Nero with Anydvd running in the background. I have an error message that pops up when I try to open disk on DVD shrink. DVD SHRINK ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR AND CANNOT CONTINUE. INVALID DVD NAVIGATION STRUCTURE. I have the latest version of Anydvd. I paid for Anydvd and Clonedvd2 but have no idea how to use Clonedvd2. Any help with simple instructions on overcoming the Open Season issues would be appreciated.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi brandfire
    Here's a guide CloneDVD & AnyDVD - link.

It's pretty easy to use. Will handle Open Season.

Any problems just post back.

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Since you like Shrink and Nero, there's an easy method. I use it myself. Use RipIt4Me to decrypt the files. Using the 1-click mode it rips to the hard drive and opens the files into Shrink for you. Then you just use Shrink and burn with Nero like you always have. All you have to do is have DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink installed first, and then use the Ripit4Me installer (not the Zip files). http://www.ripit4Me.org If you don't have DVD Decrypter, you can pick up a copy at MrBass.org or Doom9.

4. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

DVDFabDecryptor flew through this movie also.

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

With the updates, most software rips right through this release.

6. brandfire

brandfire Member

I tried binkies7s way as I had purchased Anydvd and Clonedvd2. I got to step 6 and the messqage poped up saying THIS DVD IS COPY PROTECTED AND CLONE DVD2 IS NOT FOR USE IN COPING PROTECTED DVDS ect. and the next button at the bottom would not allow me to proceed. I wished I was a computer geek and could muddle through this with no help. I have never had this problem with any other movie as I normally use Anydvd and DVDShrink and burn with Nero and it's a simple process. I have the newest version of Anydvd and it still doesn't help. I guess I just need the easiest way to accomplish this.

7. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

Dvd Fab Decryptor

#1 its Free
    #2 it works
    #3 its easy
    #4 its free.

http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

its ripped every movie i have tried (about 60 so far)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  8. brandfire

brandfire Member

OPEN SEASON: Tried Clonedvd2 got to 6 th step and could go no further.(see my other posting) Downloaded DVD FAb Decrypter and tried. Seemed to be working ok but at the end the file was only 900kb. Seemed way to small and didn't know where to go from there. I am used to using dvd Shrink and Anydvd, and burning with Nero. as I am unable to do that with this movie I am looking for the Simplest easiest way to accomplish this.!!! I paid for Clonedvd2 and Anydvd, it seems like they would give an update that would take care of the problem. Binkie7 gave me a guide to follow using clone dvd2 but as I said on the 6 step I got a "This Dvd is Protected notice"and could not go any further with Clone. Its got to be easy and straight forward for me to get it I guess. Almost giving up on this one.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Brandfire,

CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD work with this movie just fine. You just need to make sure you have the latest update of AnyDVD installed.

It almost sounds like you do not have AnyDVD running at the time you get to step 6 which means you would have skiped the first couple of steps?

You can try other suggestions that others have posted here and I have a guide to all of those suggestions at my website (link in signature), but if you paid for AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 then I am pretty sure that is the way you want to go about this and actually this is the easiest way. Now there are probably better ways (all a matter of opinion) but IMO there isn't an easier and quicker way than the CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD combination.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Brandfire,
    BBmayo is right, when AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2 work, they're the quickest and easiest around. Open Season hasn't been a problem in Region 1. I've not heard it being much of a problem in other regions either. So as bbmayo noted, it should be do-able with most available software.

Since you're a Shrink user and like things simple, nothing could be more simple than RipIt4Me once you have it set up. You've got Shrink Installed, it should be 3.2 and in the default directory. Install DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0, if you don't already have it. Let everything load to the default locations. Can't be more simple than that. The download the RipIt4Me installer. Here's where it gets difficult. Use the installer and not the zip files. Hard part over. Install RipIt4Me, which also installs FixVTS, and the installation is done. Simple install, Shrink, Decrypter and then RipIt4Me. Open the program and select one click. If the program doesn't start reading the files from your DVD check to see if the right drive is listed in the window. Once Next goes solid at the bottom of the window click it. The process takes about 25 minutes and opens the files in Shrink for you.

If you did the install correctly the paths would have been correct. If you run into problems check the paths and other settings in Preferences under Logs/Settings.

11. brandfire

brandfire Member

Thanks to all!!! I forgot to enable Anydvd when I was running Clonedvd2. I turned on Anydvd and it did the job.

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

That would explain it. Glad to see it was an easy "repair".

I'd suggest picking up the RipIt4Me anyway. http://www.ripit4me.org In the very recent past Slysoft was having problems while RipIt4Me was easily handling the newer copy protections. Those were real problems. None of the software is 100% all the time. AnyDVD is the quickest and easiest, but sometimes it needs a backup. There's a guide at the website and as bbmayo pointed out, he has some of his own. I think alkohol may have a guide. I did a short tutorial on pg 16 of the Saw3 thread stickied at the top of the Shrink forum, my little tutorial (about mid page). Last time I looked ImageShack wasn't showing all of my screen captures.

13. True2Life

True2Life Member

i kinda of have a diff problem with OPEN SEASON. i rip it with ANYDVD and it works but i can't shink it with DVDSHIRNK. HELP

14. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi True2Life
    For some of these movies - the ones w/ a ton of bad sectors like Open Season you might want to use something else if you want the full dvd.

You can set AnyDVD to show media info to help identify the 'tougher' ones - well ones that Shrink can't do w/ AnyDVD.
    You'll see Sony ARccOS protection and 40+ bad sectors listed.

Ripping w/ AnyDVD you should be able to do movie only w/ Shrink - use re author mode.

Or use CloneDVD w/ AnyDVD. Not free but has a 21 day trial.

Then there's the free ones that do just as well too.

DVDFab Decrypter - link above. Rip 1st with that then open those files in Shrink.

Or use RipIt4Me - guide.

15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Same old problem we've been going over with the same solution. The files with AnyDVD aren't being processed well enough for the software to see them as being compliant (structure problems). Decryption software that also processes for compliance is what's needed. Otherwise the user has to figure out how or with what software to repair the files, or edit them. RipIt4Me has proven to be the best solution with the newer encryptions. It takes a bit longer, but it does a better job.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007