1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open season

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bsbrooks, Feb 22, 2007.

1. bsbrooks

bsbrooks Member

I tried to open Open Season with DVD Shrink I got an error and had to close.Normally I use DVD Shrink with Nero,and Any DVD running in the back ground.I just downloaded the latest update. Never had a problem that an update would'nt fix. Any help would be appreciated.

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

The latest version of anydvd with shrink is a combo that doesn't seem to be able to successfully backup this movie, if you try you'll get a structure error. The anydvd and clonedvd2 combo will successfully rip this movie, but clonedvd2 costs money (comes with a free trial if interested), if you want a free ripper that will tear thru this movie, try DVDFab decrypter (free).

You can use DVDFab to rip the video files to your hard drive [bold](without anydvd running in the backround, so disable it or there will be conflict between the two)[/bold] then open the video files using shrink (use the open file tab) and proceed as you normally would with the backup.

The link to DVDFab decrypter is below (version 3.0.8.0)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  3. bsbrooks

bsbrooks Member

I will try it Thanks for the info.....

4. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

You need to use a program called Ripit4Me, this is how most of us here have backed up Open Season and Saw3. If your lucky you might be able to use the new version of AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 with Shrink 3.2 to backup Open Season, i was unsuccessful using this method so i had to use Ripit4Me to backup both Open Season and Saw3..

Here is a guide on how to setup Ripit4Me:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/360110

5. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

@elusiv1

The current version of anydvd is: AnyDVD & AnyDVD HD 6.1.2.5

As stated, this version and shrink will not do unless used with clonedvd2. DVDFab will easily backup this movie as will rpiit4me, it's upto the user to choose his or her method.

6. bsbrooks

bsbrooks Member

So what if I dont want to use clone dvd will nero and ripit4me or nero and dvd encryptor work?

7. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

Use DVDregion+cssfree google it, Its free to try, I used it with shrink, no problems at all.

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Say what? DVD encryptor? I hope you meant DVD Decrypter. By itself, DVD Decrypter is obsolete. It shouldn't be used by itself. With RipIt4Me it helps make up one of the best decryption systems available. If you want to use CloneDVD ( or any other program) the RipIt4Me files should work. If we're talking about CloneDVD 2 from Slysoft, it has it's own burner software. Nero isn't needed. If you want free burner software, ImgBurn is a good solution. DVD Decrypter is growing obsolete for burning as well. The ImgBurn is its update anyway.

RipIt4Me and no DVD Decrypter by itself.