1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open To Discuss: Best CF

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Lii, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Lii

Lii Member

So, I was thinking after my whole upgrade hassel with 3.30 OE-A (it was my fault for pulling a bunch of n00b mistakes, but I'm smarter than to completely render my PSP useless and fixed it), why not start a fourm to discuss the best custom firmware? Personally, my favorite is currently 3.10 OE-A'. Why? Well, it seemed to be more customizable than 3.30OE because it had more flash space free. The only problem is not being able to use custom topmenu_plugins. Also, 3.30OE has no real new features and doesnt work with pops that well (I think it does thanks to LOLPopsfix, but I havent tested it out). The real only bad part about 3.10OE is no custom topmenus, but its been like 100% perfect for me. Also, I haven't had 3.03OEC and was wondering what exactly 3.10OE updated on off that, other than changing the version (big whoop!). I was thinking bout downgrading to 3.03OEC so I could use the black32 (best theme so far) but... Hm... And lets not forget about 3.40OE. Does that have more free flash (yeah... right...)? So, Ill now leave it up to your opinions of which CF is best (including those not mentioned here) and hopefully decide for myself. Please back up with facts!!!

edit: I forgot to mention how 3.10 OE-A' works perfectly with POPs, and dosent require keys.bin. That part of the reason I love it so much!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

just to let you know about the flash being free thing, if you download flash agent and it starts up and says "not much free space" and you click relink dummy files you will have an extra 2.5mb of flash, i have everything customized on my 3.30oe, I now have 3.40oe and everythings customized also. I like 3.40oe, since you CAN use icons in it now (and 3.30oe).

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  3. Lii

Lii Member

hm... I was unaware of flash agent. That is a useful tip, thanks. So what is your favorite CF then?

4. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

So far 3.40oe because i havn't found any significant bugs, and its fully customizable. + all the new firmware features of sony fw..But yeah flash agent is very useful everytime i flash a custom firmware i use it. here's a link to flash agent http://dl.qj.net/Flash-Agent-H1-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/13413/catid/151. (i.e. dont use the online manual hack, it screws up your internet browser on 3.30/3.40oe i think).
    And you can use the black32 theme just go to the 3.30 customization thread and download the converted one. Since you need that, or it will tell you how to convert one yourself.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007