1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

opening disc using dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mike_01, Oct 29, 2004.

1. mike_01

mike_01 Member

when i click open disc an error pops up and says something about overlapped i/o operations in progress. and that it cannot continue. please help!!!

2. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

Do you happen to have ANY other programs that are utilizing the drive at the same time??

3. mike_01

mike_01 Member

no there wasn't anything else that was using that drive. thanks for the suggestion though.

4. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

this sounds very strange....hopefully someone else has some ideas for you!

5. mike_01

mike_01 Member

hopefully someone else does. because right now i'm completely lost. i have dvd shrink 3.1 installed and never had any problems with it. thanks

6. michigan

michigan Guest

You should update your Shrink version (to 3.2). It sounds like something else is using trying to utilize you drive. Try shutting off everything else that is running in the background on your computer. The quick and easy test way is to use the task manager and shut off everything except your antivirus. The longer more permanent way is using msconfig (there are other ways)if you want to do that let me know and I will give you step by step directions. Try the latest version of Shrink first then the task manager.

7. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

If you have autoplay enabled or just choose to view the DVD (Power DVD, WinDVD etc.) prior to starting Shrink analysis, you can encounter this error. Agree with Michigan, another program is addressing the drive.

8. mike_01

mike_01 Member

I just downloaded the 3.2 and that is the one that was giving me the error. I tried another dvd this morning and it gave me the message again, then i tried it again and it went ahead and let it open the disc without giving the error. Thanks for all the advice if it does it again I will get the step by step directions from you. Thanks again.

9. judyall

judyall Guest

hi! i am a newbie whom (i believe) should be in the the dumb newbie section (is there one?)
    i am also having the same problem opening disc for hidden tiger crouching dragon.
    i am already using dvd shrink 3.2 and use end it all to stop anything running in background.
    i used dvd decrypter to write files to my hard drive with the plan of using shrink to compress and then nero to burn but when i try to find files i cannot open them (decrypter has created them as .mds) i don't know if this makes a difference?
    i have had various problems burning discs but i have always managed to suss it out but this has got me stumped!
    please help!!!
    thick bird from sunderland uk!
    ps i just tried a different DVD and there was no problem?