1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opening ports works for music albums but not other things...

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by teggy, Dec 8, 2004.

1. teggy

teggy Regular member

Ok I got BitTornado, after using bittorent for ages(it sucks). So I opened ports 6881 - 6889 and set it to dsl/cable fast(1mb connection) with 20kbps max ul rate and 4 uploads.

Games or movies dl at the usual rate, unless I have to let it run for ages... but ages ago on the normal BT clien I cd dl naruto at over 100kbps, I cd dl ps1 games at bt 30 - 50kbps and ps2 games at 20 - 30kbps. Why were my speeds good for naruto ages ago b4 opening ports. Cuz I was under the assumption that with bittornado and opening ports that dl speeds wd increase dramatically.

2. ugiim

ugiim Member

Well your settings are good I think it depends on witch sites your downloading the torrent from Because most of the there is less seeds than leechers so I suggest you to go to http://torrentbits.org/ sometimes they say they reached the amounts of person that should be registered but if it said that just like refresh the website after 1 minutes and try till it work it wont take long!