1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opening router ports for Madden 05 CE

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Stops, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Stops

Stops Member

I want to open the ports on my Belkin router so that I can play Madden 05 CE online through the router. Only problem is I don't know how to find the ports. I did a google and searched the eagames website, but found nothing except for the PC version.

I could also just put my PS2 in the DMZ, if I only could figure out the PS2's IP address. I don't know how to do that either. The router doesn't show the IP's of the computer connected it to it, and it assings the ips from a pool of 39 numbers.

Any ideas?

2. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

The a major problem with console games online. Why they never include the ports to open in the manual or on their site is beyond me. With Splinter Cell I was shown the rooms and the # of players in each, I'd go into a room with close to 500 people and I'd only find 1-3 servers. Only sometimes could I successfully join one. On the other hand there are games where they work fine with no tuning (R+C UYA for example) I wouldn't suggest putting your router into DMZ for as long as a gaming session will take. Sorry for not having your answer, but after hours and hours of searching myself months back I've just accepted that some games are just that way, even though Pandora Tomorrow was so much fun (when I could get into a server).

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Statically configure your PS2's IP address settings with an address that is in your router's subnet and that way you will know your PS2's IP. Once you know that, make that address part of your router's DMZ.