1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Operating system not found ...

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by mossfan18, Jun 3, 2007.

1. mossfan18

mossfan18 Regular member

I had previously posted about this problem to which I thought I had resolved, but definitely hadn't.

I installed a Western Digital HD in a HP 8755C with ME on it. After installing I booted up to reinstall the OS with my ME recovery discs that came with the PC when I bought it. However, the PC won't accept the discs at all!

I just get the "operating system not found" message displayed on a black screen.

Can I purchase a XP cd-rom and install instead of having to place ME back on it?.

What should I do from here?

2. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  3. mossfan18

mossfan18 Regular member

First of all, thank you! Second, how do I get into my BIOS when the screen is black and won't let me do anything?

How would I get into the BIOS and what would I do once there exactly?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  4. britz660

britz660 Member

You access the bios before you get to the "Operating System not Found" error... usually its by hitting the Del key or f1 as you turn the computer on. It should say something like "Press f1(or del) to enter setup". Hit it and your gold.